Options

Sitmap-Galleryimages has been removed?

Djm3006Djm3006 Registered Users Posts: 226 Major grins
edited February 17, 2014 in SmugMug Support
I got a (General HTTP error: 404 not found) for Galleryimages.xml.gz today and after looking in my site map I see it has disappeared from it. this has only happened in the last day.
anyone else found this???

Cheers
Dave

Comments

• Options
    psenior1psenior1 Registered Users Posts: 125 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2014
    same with me, just noticed this.
    website - http://www.snrmac.com
    facebook - my facebook page please LIKE me!
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2014
    psenior1 wrote: »
    same with me, just noticed this.
    Dave's sitemap already updated. Yours will likely as well in the next few days. Nothing to worry about.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    FergusonFerguson Registered Users Posts: 1,339 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2014
    So when I use the google webmaster tools, both for my custom domain with and without www (since I know that sometimes matters), they say "no sitemap found for this site". And my google search results no longer show the breakdown they used to.

Does this mean SM disabled site maps for a while and is rebuilding them?
  • Options
    edited February 14, 2014
    Ferguson wrote: »
    So when I use the google webmaster tools, both for my custom domain with and without www (since I know that sometimes matters), they say "no sitemap found for this site". And my google search results no longer show the breakdown they used to.

Does this mean SM disabled site maps for a while and is rebuilding them?
    I think you may be looking at the wrong address. You can only have one custom domain address for each SmugMug account. If you look at the SmugMug account settings > me > account > custom domain section, you'll see that you've entered this as your custom domain:
    www.captivephotons.com
    That's the address for which we generate your sitemap:
    http://www.captivephotons.com/sitemap-index.xml
    (which was just generated a week ago)

and I highly recommend that you only use the address with the www to Google webmasters.

The address without the www is automatically redirected to your proper domain with the www. I can't say what happens if you add the one without the www as well and it's not something we support.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    FergusonFerguson Registered Users Posts: 1,339 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2014
    I think you may be looking at the wrong address. You can only have one custom domain address for each SmugMug account. If you look at the SmugMug account settings > me > account > custom domain section, you'll see that you've entered this as your custom domain:
    www.captivephotons.com
    That's the address for which we generate your sitemap:
    http://www.captivephotons.com/sitemap-index.xml
    (which was just generated a week ago)

and I highly recommend that you only use the address with the www to Google webmasters.

The address without the www is automatically redirected to your proper domain with the www. I can't say what happens if you add the one without the www as well and it's not something we support.

OK. I'm not quite sure I understand why having two views into it would matter (I thought these were just setups to look into their indexing). But I deleted the non-www.

So in a day or week or whatever I should see something on the page for "sitemaps" under All?

And my apologies, I thought the site-map-structured data showed under my name, it is showing under the domain name in a search, so it must be there. but wondering why it's not showing in the webmaster tools.
  • Options
    edited February 17, 2014
    Ferguson wrote: »
    And my apologies, I thought the site-map-structured data showed under my name, it is showing under the domain name in a search, so it must be there. but wondering why it's not showing in the webmaster tools.
    Google webmasters should pick up the sitemap automatically. If after some time, it still hasn't done so, you could try manually adding it. Just make sure that you only add the sitemap-index.xml file and none of the others that are referenced within the index file.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero