First try

PRabPRab Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited July 18, 2008 in Holy Macro
Hi,

I just got my first DSLR and am loving it. I have only taken a few pictures, but am already getting used to the basics. I was messing around seeing if I could get a decent picture of the moon using the 55-200mm lens it came with. Once I finished that (No impressive pictures), I remembered a clamatis a had shot and wondered how it would look at night. Let me know what you think. I probably should have switched to my 18-55 lens, but oh well. I like it a lot.

Prab

Comments

• Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2008
    LIke it- congrats on the camera :)
    Brian V.
  • joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2008
    Welcome to DSLR and DGrin!

It is a wonderful world!
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2008
    Welcome ! nice picture
    Keep posting mwink.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2008
    PRab wrote:
    Hi,

I just got my first DSLR and am loving it. I have only taken a few pictures, but am already getting used to the basics. I was messing around seeing if I could get a decent picture of the moon using the 55-200mm lens it came with. Once I finished that (No impressive pictures), I remembered a clamatis a had shot and wondered how it would look at night. Let me know what you think. I probably should have switched to my 18-55 lens, but oh well. I like it a lot.

Prab

Welcome to the Dgrin Forum PRab clap.gif
    Congratulations on your new camera gear, it is a lot of fun changing from film to Dgital, knowing that if you make a mistake you can easily delete it at any time or change the setting to slower or faster or B&W for any shot.

Heaps to learn, but it is very rewarding.
    Nice shot thumb.gif Keep posting, and don't forget to check out the other forums and also remember to check out REVIEWS -TUTORIALS - GALLERY ect ....... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin