edited July 18, 2008 in Sports
326988045_ahkBa-L-2.jpg

326989871_WqDYw-L-2.jpg326962165_MUym4-L-2.jpg

The Pits
326966810_YdqoR-L-2.jpg
Dana
** Feel free to edit my photos if you see room for improvement.**
Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if
no birds sang there except those that sang best.
~Henry Van Dyke

Comments

• streegshooterstreegshooter Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited July 18, 2008
    Where was this held? For a few years, we had powerboat drag racing in the Grand River, here in Grand Rapids Michigan. It was the coolest thing and would love to have them back.

Great snaps btw! thumb.gif
  • StormdancingStormdancing Registered Users Posts: 917 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2008
    Where was this held? For a few years, we had powerboat drag racing in the Grand River, here in Grand Rapids Michigan. It was the coolest thing and would love to have them back.

Great snaps btw! thumb.gif

Thanks Kevin. These were in Evansville, Indiana - Thunder on The Ohio, June 26-29th. http://www.evansvillefreedomfestival.org/

This year was 30 years of Thunder. It's part of our Freedom Festival which includes the hydroplane racing, hot air balloon events, air shows and other assorted events ending with fireworks on the 4th. This year they had a new event - Dock Dogs - Sponsored by Cabella's. I put a few shots in Sports/Action on that part of it. Each year they claim the event is struggling and attandance is falling off. They plan on revamping it all next year. I hope they continue here. It's become a part of our summer here on the bend in the Ohio
    cmorgan - yeah I rolleyes1.gif about the bottoms up in the pits. I though it was quite interesting. mwink.gif
    Dana
    ** Feel free to edit my photos if you see room for improvement.**
    Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if
    no birds sang there except those that sang best.
    ~Henry Van Dyke
  • InsuredDisasterInsuredDisaster Registered Users Posts: 1,132 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2008
    #1 but I think it needs a closer crop.