Options

how do you join your own newly created community?

mchahnmchahn Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited July 18, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I just created a private community. I can find it by searching in the communities page. It says it has no members. Also smugmug says I am not a member of any community. How do I join my own community?

Comments

• Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2008
    Hello i never tried but did little experiment

Go to the community page after searching and Click "Join Community"
    Check in control Panel "Home Page" tab it will apear in Photo community section
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    edited July 18, 2008
    Hello i never tried but did little experiment

Go to the community page after searching and Click "Join Community"
    Check in control Panel "Home Page" tab it will apear in Photo community section

I tried once again but now it won't work headscratch.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    mchahnmchahn Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited July 18, 2008
    > Go to the community page after searching and Click "Join Community"

I cannot find any such button in my community page. That page has three sections, all of which are empty: recent members, today's popular photos, and recent galleries. I am really lost.

P.S. What I'm trying to do is find some website where I and three friends can share photos and chat about them. I've tried a dozen free photo sharing sites and they are all pretty useless. I thought I'd try smugmug.
  • Options
    edited July 18, 2008
    mchahn wrote:
    > Go to the community page after searching and Click "Join Community"

I cannot find any such button in my community page. That page has three sections, all of which are empty: recent members, today's popular photos, and recent galleries. I am really lost.

P.S. What I'm trying to do is find some website where I and three friends can share photos and chat about them. I've tried a dozen free photo sharing sites and they are all pretty useless. I thought I'd try smugmug.

Hmm

Do this i hope this will work

Edit Settings in community page
    Change Memebership to "Public Owner Authrization Required"
    (it will ask for approval on the community page)
    Now join the community and later change it to private invitation

Your friends have smugmug account then they can join the community they have to put whole gallery in the community.
    I hope it helps

My Gallery