Options

Interior photos & HDR

Jouko LehtoJouko Lehto Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
edited July 22, 2008 in Technique
I got a job to photograph a library for the interior designer... What do you think about the photos? C&C welcome!

And some examples...
331788408_4WZdJ-L-1.jpg

331793763_Nzvmk-L-1.jpg

331784372_CNWYd-L-1.jpg

331775584_MWLro-L-1.jpg

333656263_2uLVk-L.jpg

HDR-technics used on most. As you can see, mixed ligh, lots of glass and high contrasts... What to do to make them better (next time).
Thanks!

Jouko

Comments

• Options
    geospatial_junkiegeospatial_junkie Registered Users Posts: 707 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2008
    Nice use of dynamic range in these shots. You didn't over do it and there are only subtle changes. Another thing I do like is that the photos are sharp and the correct aperture was used. You've kept all the detail in the photos allowing people to see parts of the library besides desks, chairs, and books (i.e. some of the architecture, etc...). The only two things I see (this is only my opinion) are the following:

1. White balance seems to be too warm in the indoor photos (try bringing the WB down about 100K). Slight warmth is good, especially for a library, since you want the photo to be inviting.

2. I'm not a big fan of the distorted shot. This is just me as other people like them. There just isn't enough height in the photo to impart distortion like that. You usually see this kept in photos of tall buildings, while looking up. Maybe give your client the option of this shot and the regular view.

3. Photo #2 could use some LAB sharpening possible. The HDR has really softened this image.

Nice job though overall. Your client should be very happy with these types of photos!thumb.gif
    "They've done studies you know. Sixty-percent of the time, it works every time."

My Website
    My Photo Blog
    Twitter Feed
  • Options
    Jouko LehtoJouko Lehto Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited July 18, 2008
    Thank you
    I'll try your hint about lowering the WB a bit - I'll think it will make the photos look more neutral.

The problem is the change in WB, because of mixed lights - sun, shadow, bulbs and tubes...have to consult with the client, which parts (and photos) are the most important to her. And what kind of look she does like.

Thanks!

Jouko
  • Options
    davidweaverdavidweaver Registered Users Posts: 681 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2008
    Other than the extremely overused term HDR...these are fine shots.