"Small soccer"

NaKarpoVNaKarpoV Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
edited July 18, 2008 in Sports
Hi there,

on my site i uploaded some photos taken 1 week ago from competition in small soccer. Teams came from different parts of our country, and competing for first three prizes.

I was shooting games for two days, 5 hours each day. I used Canon EOS400D and 70-300 IS lens. My ISO settings were mostly in range from 800 to 1600, so i could use faster shutter speeds.

Here i am attaching direct link to photos on my site, if you are in sport mod, please check it out and post some comments.

http://eophoto.blogspot.com/2008/07/nogometni-turnir.html

BTW this is my second time shooting sport.

Comments

• gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2008
    NaKarpoV wrote:
    Hi there,

on my site i uploaded some photos taken 1 week ago from competition in small soccer. Teams came from different parts of our country, and competing for first three prizes.

I was shooting games for two days, 5 hours each day. I used Canon EOS400D and 70-300 IS lens. My ISO settings were mostly in range from 800 to 1600, so i could use faster shutter speeds.

Here i am attaching direct link to photos on my site, if you are in sport mod, please check it out and post some comments.

http://eophoto.blogspot.com/2008/07/nogometni-turnir.html

BTW this is my second time shooting sport.
    G'day NakarpoV & welcome to d.grin. People are notoriously lazy (i lead the pack in laziness) & a lot of people simply wont bother to open your link & view the photos.

If i was you i would choose a few that you like & post them in here so they open straight up when people open the thread. Just a suggestion.
  • NaKarpoVNaKarpoV Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited July 18, 2008
    gus wrote:
    G'day NakarpoV & welcome to d.grin. People are notoriously lazy (i lead the pack in laziness) & a lot of people simply wont bother to open your link & view the photos.

If i was you i would choose a few that you like & post them in here so they open straight up when people open the thread. Just a suggestion.

Shure gus, but it wont show me the image, it is just blank, i guess it does not support blogspot links? Or is there any other way to show image?
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2008
    NaKarpoV wrote:
    Shure gus, but it wont show me the image, it is just blank, i guess it does not support blogspot links? Or is there any other way to show image?
    I dont know about blogspot stuff. If the photo is on your computer you can simply use the 'Manage Attachment' button which you can see down below when you are replying to a post.
  • KMCCKMCC Registered Users Posts: 717 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2008
    First of all, welcome to Digital Grin.

Nice shots, but I'm surprised you found it necessary to shoot at ISO 800 - 1600. With that much daylight, I would have shot in Av (aperture priority mode) at f/2.8 (or the highest aperture the lens has) and ISO 200.

That would have given plenty of shutter speed to freeze action, but also less depth of field which would blur out distracting backgrounds.

Keep posting.

Kent
    "Not everybody trusts paintings, but people believe photographs."- Ansel Adams
    Web site
  • NaKarpoVNaKarpoV Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited July 18, 2008
    KMCC wrote:
    First of all, welcome to Digital Grin.

Nice shots, but I'm surprised you found it necessary to shoot at ISO 800 - 1600. With that much daylight, I would have shot in Av (aperture priority mode) at f/2.8 (or the highest aperture the lens has) and ISO 200.

That would have given plenty of shutter speed to freeze action, but also less depth of field which would blur out distracting backgrounds.

Keep posting.

Thanks KMCC for looking, well it was good light but it was also cloudy and i had sun hiding and coming out evry 30 seconds, so it was quite confusing for me.

I was shooting on shutter speed priority, so i made 1/1250 - 1/4000 depends of how close i was.

My lens has maximum aperature f4, and i tried to make ISO 400 but then i had to dorp shutter speed down to 1/800 which didnt froze the action.

I am hoping to buy new lens 70-200 F2.8 IS but it costs a lot, so far i saved around 1000$ i need 1500$ more, that's the price in our country:(

i uploaded 1 photo, since that is the maximum:) for rest you can check: http://eophoto.blogspot.com