3 Closer to original
7320.jpg

--
Spasibo,
Yuri

Comments

• LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2008
    I prefer the second one, though my personal taste tends to sway toward more vintage processing. :D The vintage look seems to fit her elegant/haughty pose and those shoes. I also love what it does for the ashtray. thumb.gif
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2008
    I think #1 is my favorite, though I think I would have included a dark and subtle vignette to highten the vintage feeling I get from the image - it has, for me, an almost "New Yorker" cover feeling.

#2 is a good B&W conversion, but the skin of her legs lost something in the translation.

#3 is not in the same class as the first two. The clutter in the background seen here is a huge distraction for me. I like how you hidden that clutter in the first two.
  • NaKarpoVNaKarpoV Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited July 18, 2008
    I would go with number #1, since it suits the enviroment and concept of photo. Great colors and lightning, model pose is just great for this situation.

Good one.
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2008
    I love #1, beautiful colors!!! iloveyou.gif
  • geospatial_junkiegeospatial_junkie Registered Users Posts: 707 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2008
    I love #1 as a whole, however I find myself drawn to the woman's facial expression more in #2. This is a tough one ne_nau.gif! #3 is a terrific shot in its own right and isn't post processed tremendously. I do appreciate that as well.

As a photographer, I appreciate #2 more because of the eyes and pose of the model and the focus is funneled directly to her. The tone on the legs don't bother me because usually there is shade under a table and thats what I see. If I was a client though.... I would like #1 better (from experience, clients are more into the eye-popping rather than the artful).

The composition in all shots tends to follow the golden mean, thereby being very easy on the eyes to look over the photo. The crop is just right on all of them.

Either way though, you can't go wrong with either shot as they are both terrific! You've got a great eye!clap.gif
    "They've done studies you know. Sixty-percent of the time, it works every time."

My Website
    My Photo Blog
    Twitter Feed
  • cmorganphotographycmorganphotography Registered Users Posts: 980 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2008
    I like #2 but the detailed piping on the chair/bench is distracting. It has a really high grab to it and it takes away from the girl.
    I guess you could burn it down [in PS]. I'm partial to Sepia, myself.
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2008
    Number two hands down for me. The image works well with the vintage look. The first one has a big color cast, and while better in three, is still there.

Sam
  • shatchshatch Registered Users Posts: 798 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2008
    They are all great! I really like the play between the colors of the first...most likely my favorite. The second has great play between the tones. They are both fantastic. But hey...your Yuri and Yuri does great stuff!
  • Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2008
    I like number two. I like the treatment...toned sepia. The color of the bench is very rich and just right for the image. As far as the trim on the bench...great. I don't think it detracts at all. Her dress is so contrasty along with her skin tone that she virtually jumps off the page. Very good pose. Of course having a photogenic model always helps, especially one that can project personality.

I do agree with Scott in that number 3's background is too distracting...but that is easily fixed.

As I have said in the past...and again now...you photos have character. The difference between a snapshot and a portrait.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2008
    I like 1 and 2 and I can't say one is "better" than the other.
    They are different but fit the subject and your style well.

They are both better than 3 though, IMO.
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com
  • ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2008
    I prefer 2 and 3, 2 being my favorite! thumb.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • VysionousVysionous Registered Users Posts: 109 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2008
    I'd go for number one. Nice colors and has some sort of pin-up feel to it, if you know what I mean.
    In the dawn, an angel was dancing. Surrounded by an aura of light.
    But in the shadows, Vysionous was watching, and with patience awaiting the night.

http://vysionous.deviantart.com
  • MrBook2MrBook2 Registered Users Posts: 211 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2008
    I'd have to say number 1. Number 2 is great too, but something about the color catches me. I have to agree with Scott though. I would like to see some vignetting, to give it a more early color feel.

Nice work, as always!

--Aaron

http://mrbook2.smugmug.com
    Nikon D200, usually with 18-200VR or 50mm f/1.8D
    Ubuntu 9.04, Bibblepro, GIMP, Argyllcms
    Blog at http://losthighlights.blogspot.com/
  • Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2008
    Thank you all
    for your replies!
    Yuri
  • JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2008
    I love # 1 as well. I love the colors.