Where are my new Sub catagories

bvonarxbvonarx Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
edited July 18, 2008 in SmugMug Support
i just created new sub catagories according to the help pages and they are nowhere to be found, what's up with that? Do I have to refresh/restart etc for them to appear or am I just dumb?

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,336 moderator
    edited July 18, 2008
    bvonarx wrote:
    i just created new sub catagories according to the help pages and they are nowhere to be found.
    If you're talking about seeing the subcats within the categories as opposed to seeing them on the subcategories page in your control panel... You won't see new subcategories (or categories for that matter) until you place some galleries in those subcategories.

--- Denise
  • bvonarxbvonarx Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
    edited July 18, 2008
    If you're talking about seeing the subcats within the categories as opposed to seeing them on the subcategories page in your control panel... You won't see new subcategories (or categories for that matter) until you place some galleries in those subcategories.

--- Denise

Thanks for your help, but I'm trying to move images in an existing gallery into its subcat and I can't seem to find the subcat, :confused
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,336 moderator
    edited July 18, 2008
    bvonarx wrote:
    Thanks for your help, but I'm trying to move images in an existing gallery into its subcat and I can't seem to find the subcat, :confused
    You move the entire gallery into the subcategory. Images live in a gallery, and galleries live in categories and optionally in subcategories. Is the existing gallery in the same category as the new subcat? If it's not, you'll need to adjust the category on the gallery first, then select the new subcategory.

You're on the customize screen for that gallery, right?
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/upload-photo

--- Denise
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2008
    bvonarx wrote:
    Photos can only be in galleries not sub-cats. A gallery would be in the
    sub-cat and that's where you'd move your photos to.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • bvonarxbvonarx Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
    edited July 18, 2008
    bvonarx wrote:

OK I stumbled on to the answer, thanks for leading me to the answer