Options

Way to see links to ALL photos in gallery

omonra21omonra21 Registered Users Posts: 127 Major grins
edited July 22, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I would like to be able to see the links to all pictures in a gallery. Currently I can only do it one picture at a time, which is fairly time consuming.

Is there any way to see all in one place?

Thanks, Victor

Comments

• Options
    docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
    edited July 18, 2008
    I am afraid not. I wish I had a better answer for you.
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited July 19, 2008
    docwalker wrote:
    I am afraid not. I wish I had a better answer for you.

Thanks - is it possible to request it as a feature? (I realize there is a long list already, but if I don't ask for it to be added to the end of the list, it will never happen :)

I think it would be very cool if one interface could be used for multiple actions on ALL pictures in a gallery:

1) Multiple Edit of Captions (picasa allows for this now)
    2) Show multiple pictures' links

The way it would work, would be to show small versions of the pictures on the left (say 100 pixels wide) and on the right you can either edit captions or show links to them.

Thank you
  • Options
    PBolchoverPBolchover Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2008
    omonra21 wrote:
    I would like to be able to see the links to all pictures in a gallery. Currently I can only do it one picture at a time, which is fairly time consuming.

It's easy enough to find the URLs for all of the images in a gallery. Simply view the gallery in "All Thumbs" mode, then view the source. You then need to change the -Ti to -M on the image tags, and voila!
  • Options
    PBolchoverPBolchover Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2008
    omonra21 wrote:
    1) Multiple Edit of Captions (picasa allows for this now)
    You can already do this on smugmug
  • Options
    edited July 21, 2008
    PBolchover wrote:
    It's easy enough to find the URLs for all of the images in a gallery. Simply view the gallery in "All Thumbs" mode, then view the source. You then need to change the -Ti to -M on the image tags, and voila!

Thank you for the advice but unfortunately i don't find this to be a satisfactory solution. Mainly because if I look at the page source i can't tell which picture corresponds to which url. Secondly - this is not a way to run a user interface (to have users just look at the code) - I appreciate it may be a "work-around" but I think it's worth exploring my suggestion as a feature.

On your second suggestion that I can currently edit multiple captions, can you tell me how to do that?

Thank you
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,268 moderator
    edited July 21, 2008
    omonra21 wrote:
    On your second suggestion that I can currently edit multiple captions, can you tell me how to do that?
    From Photo Tools (within a gallery), select "Edit Captions/Keywords".

This allows you to edit the captions and keywords for all photos within a gallery.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited July 22, 2008
    From Photo Tools (within a gallery), select "Edit Captions/Keywords".

This allows you to edit the captions and keywords for all photos within a gallery.

--- Denise

Thanks a lot