In the World of Men

Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
edited July 19, 2008 in People
I saw this bagger women on bus stand when i was on my way to north. She is wearing old style veil these days usually found in places near to Afghanistan. Mostly poor people wear this one, you may have seen blue version of this one in media.
334156373_vkAD4-L.jpg
400D + 18-55 kitty
Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery

Comments

• cmorganphotographycmorganphotography Registered Users Posts: 980 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2008
    Are you saying the covering is unusual or seeing a woman at a bus stop? Not saying anything negative about culture, just curious.
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2008
    Are you saying the covering is unusual or seeing a woman at a bus stop? Not saying anything negative about culture, just curious.

I think you didn't get me headscratch.gif Seeing women with or without veil is quite usual, but in different style veils this is very old style of veil hence unusual now . i think you got it now. headscratch.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
    edited July 18, 2008
    Ok, ok I get it now. Are there modern veils now? It'd be interesting to see the different styles you've captured.
    edited July 18, 2008
    Ok, ok I get it now. Are there modern veils now? It'd be interesting to see the different styles you've captured.

Yes there are different types of veils even designer veils are available in Arab countries ! can cost 1000$ eek7.gif. Some are like Nuns use wear some prefer to cover the face. Different people have different styles depending on culture of the region and understanding of religion.

Thanks for taking interest :D

My Gallery
    edited July 18, 2008
    Yes there are different types of veils even designer veils are available in Arab countries ! can cost 1000$ eek7.gif. Some are like Nuns use wear some prefer to cover the face. Different people have different styles depending on culture of the region and understanding of religion.

Thanks for taking interest :D
    I love other cultures. If there's fabric, I'm there. I'm a major textile nut.
    Plus, the middle East has wonderful dyes and threads.
    edited July 18, 2008
    I love other cultures. If there's fabric, I'm there. I'm a major textile nut.
    Plus, the middle East has wonderful dyes and threads.

:D My relatives are engaged in this industry. Infect every house in Pakistan India etc have fabric experts as they buy it Raw and sew it for clothing mwink.gif Much cheaper then buying designer cloths eek7.gif

My Gallery
    edited July 18, 2008
    :D My relatives are engaged in this industry. Infect every house in Pakistan India etc have fabric experts as they buy it Raw and sew it for clothing mwink.gif Much cheaper then buying designer cloths eek7.gif
    Oh I know. If I had access to bolts and bolts of fabric raw... I'd... my head would explode. I'd be uncontrollably giddy for days.rolleyes1.gif
  • ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2008
    Very interesting, how heavy are these things? And how hot do they get?
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
    edited July 19, 2008
    ShepsMom wrote:
    Very interesting, how heavy are these things? And how hot do they get?

Thanks for looking
    I have no idea about that as no one in my close or far relatives wear these. But i will try to find out

My Gallery