Options

Windows Media Player plugin

Howard BarlowHoward Barlow Registered Users Posts: 118 Major grins
edited July 22, 2008 in Digital Darkroom
I put a dvd in the player, and as I was hitting the WMP icon, auto play started and locked it up. I finally got it closed out. Upon restart, WMP said it had not been properly closed last time, and was disabling plugins.

I still get video, but no audio, though I still get audio from a cd. I even rolled back WMP 11, to 9, then reinstalled 11. I repaired Nero. On the toolbar, I went tools>plugins>WMP music plugin. That is enabled. Still no audio.

Is there somewhere else to look for the plugin? Other ideas?
You don’t pay me by the hour. You pay for the years of hard work that made it possible for me to paint such a picture in only one hour! Pablo Picasso

Comments

• Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,216 moderator
    edited July 21, 2008
    thread bump
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    Howard BarlowHoward Barlow Registered Users Posts: 118 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2008
    Thank you, David.

Just this morning, I found this, after getting a security update notice for WMP 11. I didn't know how poor WMP 11 is. Anyway, I found VCL from a thread, and PC mag, CNet, and others rate it highly.

I rolled back WMP 11 to 9, and installed VCL. It plays the DVD's like a champ. Problem solved. But, most of you probably already know about VCL. I'm always late to the party.

Thanks, again, David.
    You don’t pay me by the hour. You pay for the years of hard work that made it possible for me to paint such a picture in only one hour! Pablo Picasso
  • Options
    cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2008
    Always had poor luck with WMP and DVDs, stuck to WinDVD, which came with, well came with something, not sure. In any case, WinDVD works so I use it. Never tried VLC, but lots swear by it.