Options

SOLD: 70-300vr

ToshTosh Registered Users Posts: 76 Big grins
edited July 18, 2008 in Nikon Land
Nikon AF-S 70-300mm VRf/4.5-5.6G IF-ED $425 shipped to CONUS

USA model purchased from authorized Nikon dealer ePhotocraft in late May 2008. Includes original box and all originally supplied items. LNIB condition. It’s only left my house on two occasions. Body and glass are flawless and everything functions perfectly. I believe this is an extremely sharp copy and is sharp at its widest available apertures. Some sample shots can be found in this gallery: http://GTIkeda.smugmug.com/gallery/4999910_XMBQB/1/314774455_Pbjth
Some folks say that the 70-300vr isn’t that sharp at the 300mm end, but I found mine to be exceptional at the long end.

I’m selling this lens because I was able to pick up a Sigma 50-150 2.8 from a friend and I know that lens to be a trouble free copy (unlike some others). I shoot indoor gymnastics and have struggled to find a fast aperture/fast focus lens for the short-medium tele range beneath my 200vr. I’m going to try the Sigma 50-150 2.8 even though it will put my D3 into DX mode. I’ll live with the fewer mp’s; it’s been a while since SI needed one of my shots for their centerfold. (^_^). The 50-150 will serve double duty and replace this 70-300vr as my light carry/travel tele.

I’m happy to ship to other locations, but that will be at a slight additional cost.
Payment by money order, check or Paypal’s eCheck. For Paypal payments, I’ll split the 3% fee with the purchaser.

I've bought and sold plenty of equipment at Nikon Cafe, Nikonians, Miranda, Digital Grin and Galbraith before it changed its name/ownership, using the name Tosh or GlennIkeda. My ebay user name is Daddybowaddy (compliments of my then 3 year old) and I have a 100% rating on 95+ photographic equipment transactions.

I’m best reached by email: gtikeda at gmail.com.