2.4 attempts

richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
edited July 20, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
I'm having fun with this challenge. Perhaps even a little too much fun! :rofl

Here's what I've been toying with. Input is welcome!

Attempt #1:
Yellow/Green Polarizer + PS Sandstone + PS Gaussian Blur + aged paper layer. Orig

333810987_Mo4nd-XL.jpg

Attempt #2:
Yellow/Green Polarizer + PS Sandstone + PS Gaussian Blur + aged paper layer. Eased up on the aged paper layer and cleaned up the area near the bridge.

334986429_BxtsH-XL.jpg

Comments

• JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited July 18, 2008
    Looks like you are having alot of fun for sure!! How on earth are you going to decide which one to go into the challenge??...headscratch.gif

I like them all but the #5 is my favorite!thumb.gif
  • pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2008
    #2 i think. but i'd lower the opacity of the aged paper (or at least where it overlays the bridge and the bushes)
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2008
    Well Linda, number 2 is spectacular, and that bridge in Harrisburg is perfect for the old photo look... thumb.gif

make sure you enter an 800px photo if it is vertical... I think the smugmug XL vertical is 800px long...

good luck!
    Winston
  • PaulThomasMcKeePaulThomasMcKee Registered Users Posts: 429 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2008
    I love your treatment on #2!thumb.gif Definitely my fav of the bunch - although they are all quite nice.
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2008
    #2 thumb.gif
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2008
    JAG wrote:
    Looks like you are having alot of fun for sure!! How on earth are you going to decide which one to go into the challenge??...headscratch.gif

I like them all but the #5 is my favorite!thumb.gif

Thanks. iloveyou.gif
    edited July 19, 2008
    #2 i think. but i'd lower the opacity of the aged paper (or at least where it overlays the bridge and the bushes)

iloveyou.gif Thanks! I'll give that a shot.
    edited July 19, 2008
    Well Linda, number 2 is spectacular, and that bridge in Harrisburg is perfect for the old photo look... thumb.gif

make sure you enter an 800px photo if it is vertical... I think the smugmug XL vertical is 800px long...

good luck!
    Winston

Thanks! iloveyou.gif

Actually, that bridge isn't in Harrisburg. rolleyes1.gif It's the same bridge in all photos. This one spans the Delaware River between New Hope, PA and Lambertville, NJ. But if there's a similar area in Harrisburg, I can't wait to get out there to photograph it. :D

Also, thanks for noticing that the vertical length was off!!!! :wow
    edited July 19, 2008
    I love your treatment on #2!thumb.gif Definitely my fav of the bunch - although they are all quite nice.

iloveyou.gif Thanks! Good to see you around again, Paul!!!
    edited July 19, 2008
    Elaine wrote:
    #2 thumb.gif

Thanks!!! iloveyou.gif
  • Slinky0390Slinky0390 Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2008
    I really like number 2, it has the right amount of grain and other filters added to make it look great and not some over photoshopped piece of garbage. Good work thumb.gif. Aside from the contest, you should see if possibly The Landing or one of the other restaurants around there will pay some money for a print lol.
    Canon eos 30d; EF 17-40 f/4.0L; EF 24-85mm f/3.5; EF 50mm f/1.4; EF 70-200mm f/4.0L; Unicorns of various horn lenghts
    http://slinky0390.smugmug.com
  • LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2008

15524779-Ti.gif
    edited July 19, 2008
    Slinky0390 wrote:
    I really like number 2, it has the right amount of grain and other filters added to make it look great and not some over photoshopped piece of garbage. Good work thumb.gif. Aside from the contest, you should see if possibly The Landing or one of the other restaurants around there will pay some money for a print lol.

iloveyou.gif Thanks! I guess I should go knock on The Landing's door, then. rolleyes1.gif

You're from Freehold? I grew up in Lakewood!
    edited July 19, 2008
    Llywellyn wrote:
    15524779-Ti.gif

Thanks, Kerry! iloveyou.gif
  • VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2008
    richtersl wrote:
    Thanks! iloveyou.gif

Actually, that bridge isn't in Harrisburg. rolleyes1.gif It's the same bridge in all photos. This one spans the Delaware River between New Hope, PA and Lambertville, NJ. But if there's a similar area in Harrisburg, I can't wait to get out there to photograph it. :D

Also, thanks for noticing that the vertical length was off!!!! :wow

That's funny, I could have sworn it was the bridge in Harrisburg... I couldn't find any shots of my own but here is a shot of the Harrisburg bridge I found on Flikr... Must be a Pa design thing... rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif

http://www.flickr.com/photos/locomotion/446627770/in/set-72157600009080053/
    edited July 20, 2008
    That's funny, I could have sworn it was the bridge in Harrisburg... I couldn't find any shots of my own but here is a shot of the Harrisburg bridge I found on Flikr... Must be a Pa design thing... rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif

http://www.flickr.com/photos/locomotion/446627770/in/set-72157600009080053/

Holy cow! There definitely is a similarity! rolleyes1.gif

The New Hope - Lambertville bridge was built in 1903. This one looks to be of about the same time period.