• HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2005
    Ric Grupe wrote:
    From todays walk in the woods...

20D with 75-300 IS at f/8 iso 400.
    Good capture Ric. thumb.gif
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2005
    Thanks, Harry...
    Harryb wrote:
    Good capture Ric. thumb.gif
    ...still debating with myself on a long lens. The primes (of course) are better, but I'm afraid I won't be able to find my subject very easily with a fixed length lens. On the other hand a zoom isn't as good at it's maximum...ne_nau.gif ...and that's where you are going to take your shots. Advice?
  • MuskyDudeMuskyDude Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2005
    Ric Grupe wrote:
    ...still debating with myself on a long lens. The primes (of course) are better, but I'm afraid I won't be able to find my subject very easily with a fixed length lens. On the other hand a zoom isn't as good at it's maximum...ne_nau.gif ...and that's where you are going to take your shots. Advice?
    Ric, I'm having alot of fun learning, and occasionally getting some good shots with a very resonably priced Tamron (Sigma makes one too)70-300. It has definate limitations, but I know that and try to work around it. As I get better with it, and the season calls for, I might break the bank and go with a faster zoom we'll see. For 1/10th the price at least it puts you "in the game" until you decide you need one... Need haha! mwink.gif

Oh and nice chickadee!thumb.gif

AJ
  • Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2005
    This shot was...
    MuskyDude wrote:
    Ric, I'm having alot of fun learning, and occasionally getting some good shots with a very resonably priced Tamron (Sigma makes one too)70-300. It has definate limitations, but I know that and try to work around it. As I get better with it, and the season calls for, I might break the bank and go with a faster zoom we'll see. For 1/10th the price at least it puts you "in the game" until you decide you need one... Need haha! mwink.gif

Oh and nice chickadee!thumb.gif

AJ
    ...taken with the Canon 75-300 IS at 300mm. Which is fine when the birds are sitting still! The slow AF makes getting BIF's almost impossible.:cry