Golf Course - C&C welcomed

barrywbarryw Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
edited July 19, 2008 in Landscapes
Greetings from Spokane, WA - on the east side of the state...

Well, back in the saddle with photography. Years ago I had a good 35mm film SLR that got stolen just as I was getting comfortable with it and got some good pics. I recently semi-retired and got back into this with a Canon Rebel XTi with a kit lens and a zoom lens. I prefer scenery for now, but I am sure I will branch out to other subjects. I found SM via POTN via MacRumors and joined today. I spent the evening getting a handle on this site and learning to use it.

The shots I have posted so far are from my second major shoot I did with this gear. I am trying to re-learn composition and framing, along with getting a grip on using the settings again on the camera and then PP. I am currently using LR 1.4.1 and when 2.0 comes out I'll switch to that. All work done on an iMac.

But I digress - I haven't gone through on how to include any of the images in the posts yet - enough for one nights work, and I haven't picked a favorite out yet anyway - but my site is in my sig. I welcome any c&c that anyone has. I know one thing I did wrong already, but I am not about to discard the shots for that - don't try this again in the middle of the day! But I did have the course to myself, as they were prepping for a tournament. The set is not yet completely posted, but I'll get there.

Thanks for looking, and thanks for a great forum and hosting site.
Barry
Experience - the thing you get just after you need it! :scratch :dunno

www.familychateau.smugmug.com

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2008
    Hi Barry, thanks for joining us and welcome! wave.gif

I'm glad to hear you're picking up the camera and and have the drive to push your boundaries. I love landscape photography because it not only produces nice photos but gets you out of the house. Let us know if you ever need help or need a smack to further your creativity. lol3.gif

This tute will get you started with embedding photos in your posts here. Hope to see some from you soon and don't hesitate to give a shout if you get stuck.