'simple upload' problem

tonichelletonichelle Registered Users Posts: 144 Major grins
edited July 28, 2008 in SmugMug Support
recently my computer seems to not want to use the simple uploader which is the only one I think i've ever used on smug mug in the little while I've been on here. It's asking me to install the activex control (which I remember doing when I first started) and then when I did that nothing happened and now it's saying I need to install it again and wait for the bar to come up (which it doesn't anymore)

I followed all the trouble shooting tips in the help section and I still don't know what's wrong! :dunno help?
"It's only an island if you look at it from the water."

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2008
    Hi tonichelle,

Sounds like you got the right tools... now have you cleared your cache and cookies and restarted your browser? Try that first and see if that helps:

http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/3232576
  • Photo-DoPhoto-Do Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited July 27, 2008
    same problem here..
    Hi guys, thanks for your time here.

I'm trying to upload my pics using simple uploader (as I have in past) and I do all the clicking to allow, and I can see in my add ons that it's there and enabled, but the uploader won't come up on screen. I keep getting the screen where it tells me to look for the bar at the top.There's no bar though, cause I've already clicked on it! I have restarted computer in an attempt to get things going, but no luck. I would try another uploader, but as I don't have Photoshop or any fancy stuff, I like using this one. Arrrrgh.... I've cleared all history, cookies, forms, etc.

Now for the stats:

Vista home premium, 32 bit, laptop w/ cable modem, good signal there, any thing else?

I'm not very computer savy, but am very good at following directions.

Thanks in advance,

Denise
    Every day is an opportunity to learn something new.
    What have you learned today?
  • Seth SSeth S Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited July 27, 2008
    Hi Denise

Have you uploaded photos to Facebook by chance? We've found that this has caused a problem, but here's the fix: http://www.dgrin.com/showpost.php?p=839173&postcount=57
    If this is not the problem, you can also use the Green Smuggy drag and drop (look at the bottom of the uploader list (retired uploaders) to upload your images.

-Seth
  • davidweaverdavidweaver Registered Users Posts: 681 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2008