challenge 2.4 is turning into a series

NikonsandVstromsNikonsandVstroms Registered Users Posts: 990 Major grins
edited July 21, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
Also this was perfect timing, because I picked up my E420 on Tuesday :D so, I had a lot of fun going out with it, remembering all the things I missed with the point-and-shoot. But this was a perfect challenge to get back into it especially since I could use my square filters again. So now the question is which one

333637706_s5Tt3-L.jpg

335232589_Dkti9-L.jpg

333662149_o2eyp-XL.jpg

334278988_86rzz-XL.jpg

334278984_YpKFK-XL.jpg

Comments

• NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2008
    Also this was perfect timing, because I picked up my E420 on Tuesday :D so, I had a lot of fun going out with it, remembering all the things I missed with the point-and-shoot. But this was a perfect challenge to get back into it especially since I could use my square filters again. So now the question is which one
    I like #1 the most, great details on skies, nice vp with the wall/fence, great rustic mood overall...thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2008
    Can't see them =c/
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • NikonsandVstromsNikonsandVstroms Registered Users Posts: 990 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2008
    Okay, hopefully they work now

2d06jq.jpg

ivzdck.jpg

2l89c0z.jpg

16by2yx.jpg

r7vllv.jpg
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2008
    I like #2 and #4. I really like the sky in #4 and was wondering if it would be possible for you to put a little more contrast in the clouds?
  • pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2008
    1 & 2 for me =c)
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2008
    Looking' Good...
    My favorites are 1 and 2...with the composition and overall look and feel of number one leading the rest.

Good work.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2008
    Hi N&V

They are all appealing.

You are onto something with this "sepiacolor" effect.

But overall they are not quite there, I think.

They all give me the impression of being in a developing bath, somehow wet, dripping even. And there is a humid medium between their surface and the eye which blurs fine detail.

The trestle fence in #1 is too brutal, #2 has too much of a real estate ad look. #3 + 4 are better compositions, I think, but they lack something closer to the eye with impact.

As I said all nice to see, and I hope you will persist with your idea here.

I'd love to live in an all timber house. I think my brain would somehow lose some of its knots and kinks!

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • cmorganphotographycmorganphotography Registered Users Posts: 980 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2008
    I prefer #4, honestly. I like the sky and the little "fence" of stones and the greenery behind the building.
  • VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2008
    I prefer #4, honestly. I like the sky and the little "fence" of stones and the greenery behind the building.

15524779-Ti.gif

The building has some slight distortion which is a little bothersome which you could easily correct...

Winston
  • cmorganphotographycmorganphotography Registered Users Posts: 980 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2008
    15524779-Ti.gif

The building has some slight distortion which is a little bothersome which you could easily correct...

Winston
    Do you mean how the lines look bowed? I think a little crop up top and on the right side to keep the 2:3 ratio on par and get rid of the annoying tree on the right will look really nice too.
  • VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2008
    Do you mean how the lines look bowed? I think a little crop up top and on the right side to keep the 2:3 ratio on par and get rid of the annoying tree on the right will look really nice too.

It's the top roof line angling downward and the prominent corner line angling to the left...

Winston