Options

Problem with CS3 Filters

RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,933 moderator
edited July 20, 2008 in Finishing School
I have never paid much attention to the sketch filters in CS3 before, but have just run into a problem. Working on a simple 8-bit RGB image in the Filter Gallery, I find that a number of them (bas relief, charcoal, graphic pen, and a few others) give an all black preview. I have tried different zoom levels and mucked about with the settings on each, but they just don't seem to work at all. Others work fine on the same image. I restarted CS3 and also tried a different image, but the result was the same.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,933 moderator
    edited July 20, 2008
    Richard wrote:
    I have never paid much attention to the sketch filters in CS3 before, but have just run into a problem. Working on a simple 8-bit RGB image in the Filter Gallery, I find that a number of them (bas relief, charcoal, graphic pen, and a few others) give an all black preview. I have tried different zoom levels and mucked about with the settings on each, but they just don't seem to work at all. Others work fine on the same image. I restarted CS3 and also tried a different image, but the result was the same.

Any suggestions?

Got the answer right away on the Adobe forum. The problem was because both the foreground and background colors in the color picker were black. Resetting them to default fixed it.