37 - candle, coins, and pebbles. Thoughts?

ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
edited April 22, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
Alright, time for some more amatuer fun! There's a bit more this time, so my apologies, but they were quite fun :) (and this was after I narrowed down my selections)

Gobstoppers #1
20078525-M.jpg

Gobstoppers #2
20078549-M.jpg

Japanese gummies
20078589-M.jpg

Coins (I *love* how the penny reflected ^_^)
20078617-M.jpg

Hershey Kisses tumbling out...
20078658-M.jpg

Pebbles falling out
20078737-M.jpg

So close you can see the bubbles...
20078749-M.jpg

Angel wings...
20078768-M.jpg

Thoughts??

Again keep in mind that I'm no pro at these types of photographs, so explain in detail how I can improve, thanks!

Comments

• jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,009 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2005
    I think gopstoppers #2 but fill the whole frame good dof ect and angle thumb.gif but this advice comes from a soft shooter :cry JEFf
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
  • ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2005
    jwear wrote:
    I think gopstoppers #2 but fill the whole frame good dof ect and angle thumb.gif but this advice comes from a soft shooter :cry JEFf
    I need more gobstoppers to fill the screen :( I only have like 3/4th's of one of those 7 oz boxes... I've been slowing eating them over the past few weeks, heh, I was lucky I even had any for today's pictures!

My room mate likes that angle a lot too ^_^
  • thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2005
    Shima,
    I like patterns and repetitions. I'm a slight obessive complusive in real life so looking at your picture I have a slight problem. It's less to do with any right or wrong angle or how many gopstoppers you have to shoot and more to do with the fact that the gopstoppers are randomly arranged and don't have a pattern. If you shoot it again arrange them in patterns of colors by lines or checkers or something. Because I know if I was eating these I would have done that and ate them according to that pattern.
    Awesome idea!
    Ashley
    P.S-What are you shooting on? You may want to get a sheet of bristle board, it helps me get a unified background- I don't have a lot of blank space in my house. Keep it up.
    Green is the way to be!
    ashleyharding.smugmug.com
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2005
    Shima,
    I like patterns and repetitions. I'm a slight obessive complusive in real life so looking at your picture I have a slight problem. It's less to do with any right or wrong angle or how many gopstoppers you have to shoot and more to do with the fact that the gopstoppers are randomly arranged and don't have a pattern. If you shoot it again arrange them in patterns of colors by lines or checkers or something. Because I know if I was eating these I would have done that and ate them according to that pattern.
    Awesome idea!
    Ashley
    P.S-What are you shooting on? You may want to get a sheet of bristle board, it helps me get a unified background- I don't have a lot of blank space in my house. Keep it up.

You would have arranged them before you ate them?????? I wanted to eat them last night, and the hershey's kisses, etc. By now I am starving. Going to go get coffee and eat. I eat candy like that in the order my hand touches it. I thought the first one really worked.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2005
    You know though, I don't know what makes one thing more special than another.

Actually, I don't see that Andy's is more special than ????? The candy, anything in a group. So it could be the subject that could win this, or a more interesting pattern..............and Jeff, right now that is work, it has to be nature for me and timed by the sun. I like to just grab my camera and go. I don't like waiting on the sun, though the photos are often better.

I don't completely understand this challenge anyway. I might go macro if I had the lens, but I don't.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2005
    I LOVE JAPANESE GUMMIES. That said. I would have to say gobstoppers number two as well but cropped so that it's a full frame. Or I would do an arraingement with the hersheys kisses. I'm with Ashely on this sort of picture I become very OCD and have to have everythign arrainged just so but thats just me.
    Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Do Not Have Film.
    www.zxstudios.com
    http://creativedragonstudios.smugmug.com
  • graflexTomgraflexTom Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    edited April 22, 2005
    I like the Kisses , maybe cause I want to eat them.

Pebbles are good too.
  • LeahLeah Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited April 22, 2005
    Shima,
    I like patterns and repetitions. I'm a slight obessive complusive in real life so looking at your picture I have a slight problem. It's less to do with any right or wrong angle or how many gopstoppers you have to shoot and more to do with the fact that the gopstoppers are randomly arranged and don't have a pattern.
    It looks to me like photo #1 was in a flower pattern. I look for patterns in things too, so I liked that one best. The angle was great in #2, but like everyone else, I wanted to fill the photograph with more gobstoppers. Yum!DukeGirl.gif
  • photoshowphotoshow Registered Users Posts: 141 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2005
    A cropped version of Gobstoppers #2 would be my choice and to me random is a very suitable pattern
    Bobby Deal - Commercial Photography * Vegas Vision Studios The Pro's choice for studio rental in Las Vegas
    Studio Photography Lighting and Modeling Workshops For the Discerning Taste
    "The only photographer we ought compare ourselves to is the one we used to be"