Options

Thank You For Working So Hard To Fix Problems!

swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
edited July 20, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I just wanted to thank all the smugmug staff for responding quickly and professionally to the recent issue. I am extremely impressed that you would take time from your weekend to make this work. I don't know enough about the workings of the site, but I am sure it is extremely complicated. So, in contrast to all the complaining you got - I just want to say THANKS!

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2008
    Thank you very much!

I haven't moved in 8hrs today and I'd like to go stretch my legs and eat something so if you don't mind :D:D:D

We're sorry that it was a sucky day today. I'm grateful that Onethumb and Wireless have things setup in such a way that we came up gracefully and fast as soon as Amazon was back up.

Thanks again!
  • Options
    PeterPeter Registered Users Posts: 280 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    I haven't moved in 8hrs today and I'd like to go stretch my legs and eat something so if you don't mind :D:D:D
    Thanks again!
    I think you should stay put for at least another few hours . . . just to make sure all is well . . .

I'll check back in a while . . . after I grab a cold beer . . . :whew

Peter
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,268 moderator
    edited July 20, 2008
    I'd like to add my thanks too. I know it was a long day for the entire SmugMug team. Thanks for sticking with it and making our precious images available to the world once again.

--- Denise
  • Options
    timnosenzotimnosenzo Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2008
    Yup, thanks for the hard work today, SM! Much appreciated, for such a major outage, I think you handled things very well. Happy to be a customer here.
  • Options
    LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2008
    Yay! Back up and running. Thank you! clap.gif
  • Options
    bhowdybhowdy Registered Users Posts: 658 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2008
    Allow me to be another satisfied Smugmug user that offers his sincere thanks to all the folks at Smugmug. As you get to be an adult you understand that "stuff happens." The world will not end, the sun will come up tomorrow, etc. bowdown.gif

If you would like to wear a little stress try on the boots of the young men and women in Afghanistan and Iraq right now! I have a son in the Navy attached to the 24th Marine Expeditionary Unit (MEU) in Helmand province, Afghanistan.

Smugmug being down for a few hours ... I can deal with that!

Bob
    Maryville, TN.

http://bhowdy.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    thegrepperthegrepper Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited July 20, 2008
    Are we really 100% back?
    Maybe it's just me but performance is horrible; pages won't load; can't customize galleries, etc. Are we really 100% back? Is there a backlog?
  • Options
    edmaineedmaine Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited July 20, 2008
    thegrepper wrote:
    Maybe it's just me but performance is horrible; pages won't load; can't customize galleries, etc. Are we really 100% back? Is there a backlog?

same here, i got my page to load earlier, but now I'm getting the "page load error" message, including the smugmug main site.

i was hoping to finish what I was uploading this morning, but it looks like we still have to wait some more....
  • Options
    KatseyeKatseye Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited July 20, 2008
    Still having problems???
    I, too, am getting a page load error on my page as well as the smugmug site. Are will still experiencing some problems?

Kat
    'Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO, what a ride!'