Mohave Revisited

SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
edited July 23, 2008 in Landscapes
While poking through my image files I reprocessed this image taken with my original Rebel.

I tried to process this a few years ago, but couldn't get it to where I liked it. Now I think it conveys the ambiance, mood I was after. :D

Sam

Comments

• wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2008
    Excellent shot. Looks like joshua trees (yucca brevifolia var. jaegerina), mojave yucca(s) (yucca schidigera). Maybe the yucca on the left is banana yucca (yucca baccata) and silver cholla (opuntia eschinocarpa). Mojave Preserve/eastern California Mojave? Beautiful, wish I were there.
    Anybody can do it.
  • christinamaechristinamae Registered Users Posts: 484 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2008
    Beautiful! The pano crop works well on this one.
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2008
    wfeller wrote:
    Excellent shot. Looks like joshua trees (yucca brevifolia var. jaegerina), mojave yucca(s) (yucca schidigera). Maybe the yucca on the left is banana yucca (yucca baccata) and silver cholla (opuntia eschinocarpa). Mojave Preserve/eastern California Mojave? Beautiful, wish I were there.

W, show offthumb.gif

Sam, nice capture, i love joshuas
    Aaron Nelson
  • elizabethelizabeth Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited July 21, 2008
    Hi. This is my very first post in Dgrin. I grew up in Yucca Valley, very near Joshua Tree National Monument (now Park). This is a great image. It makes me homesick the way it captures the feel of the desert and sky so wonderfully.

thanks
    edited July 21, 2008
    Sam,

Again, nice image. Sorry to ramble about the vegetation, etc. Not too often I get to use that info.

Best
    -Walter
    Anybody can do it.
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2008
    wfeller wrote:
    Sam,

Again, nice image. Sorry to ramble about the vegetation, etc. Not too often I get to use that info.

Best
    -Walter

No need to apologize. I will try to include sand, lots and lots of sand, no plants, in my next desert image post. :D

Sam
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2008
    wfeller wrote:
    Sam,

Best
    -Walter

you should know me better than that, right?
    thats my way of a compliment to you by calling you a show offthumb.gif

honestly i marval at your knowledgethumb.gif , so dont stop!
    Aaron Nelson
    edited July 22, 2008
    Sam wrote:
    No need to apologize. I will try to include sand, lots and lots of sand, no plants, in my next desert image post. :D

Sam

Rose quartz granuals accumulating by eolian forces forming landlocked terrestrial dune habitats?- Sounds relaxing :)

I put this up for Aaron in another thread, but maybe you'd be interested also.

http://aeve.com/zzyzx

Anyhow. I love this shot. You've really captured a great Mojave Desert moment!

-Walter
    Anybody can do it.
    edited July 22, 2008
    you should know me better than that, right?
    thats my way of a compliment to you by calling you a show offthumb.gif

honestly i marval at your knowledgethumb.gif , so dont stop!

Thanks Aaron. Shots like this get me going. I've been kicking myself for not going out day before yesterday when the clouds were awesome. Thunderstorms in Barstow.
    Anybody can do it.
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2008
    Great shot, Sam! I love the contrasting colors of blue and yellow. Especially in landscapes they make the sky really pop here. thumb.gif