Norwegian Tall Ship - Christian Radich

IPClarkIPClark Registered Users Posts: 2,355 Major grins
edited July 22, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
The Tall Ships race begins in Liverpool, UK this year. There are over 70 Tall ships in the docks and on the river.

Light was very flat and grey so getting reasonable images was difficult. Composition was tough due to so many people being around and this was about one of the only shots I could get that I liked. I believe post processing work was required on this image and I have to admit I'm pleased with the result.

ChristianRadich.jpg

Comments

• Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2008
    Looks pretty nice.
  • Tom K.Tom K. Registered Users Posts: 817 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2008
    I love it. Superb post processing.
    Visit My Web Site ~ http://www.tomkaszuba.com/
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2008
    IPClark wrote:
    The Tall Ships race begins in Liverpool, UK this year. There are over 70 Tall ships in the docks and on the river.

Light was very flat and grey so getting reasonable images was difficult. Composition was tough due to so many people being around and this was about one of the only shots I could get that I liked. I believe post processing work was required on this image and I have to admit I'm pleased with the result.

Ohhhhhh my this is a Magificent Shot IPClark clap.gif :ivar
    I love everything about it ... Beautifully Done! thumb.gif ... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2008
    That's a winner, for sure! Beautiful subject and processing! clap.gif
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • IPClarkIPClark Registered Users Posts: 2,355 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2008
    Thank you for your compliments everyone.

It was a day of very fine vessels but far too many people and too much grey skies but I'm very pleased I was able to produce this image and pleased you like it :)
  • pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2008
    Wow.

I really like your take on the subject. I'll have check if the race is coming my way (checked, I will have to wait till next year...)

Last tall ship I saw was the East Indiaman Götheborg, built as a replica of a 18th century ship of the same name in Sweden. They are a beautiful breed aren't they? :D
    Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/
  • IPClarkIPClark Registered Users Posts: 2,355 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2008
    Thanks Pyry :). Yes they are very beautiful. Wish I could have got one of her with her sails up but unfortunately, there was no opportunity, even on the sail of parade, none of the ships had their sails up.