Onions

20084579-L.jpg

Apples

20084586-L.jpg

Corn
20084591-L.jpg

Cider

20084575-L.jpg

I would really like some chocolate candy right now.

ginger (I don't know what I am doing either)
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2005
    from one amatuer to another, my favorite one of these is Green And White ^_^ They're all rather nice photographs!
  • jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,009 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2005
    I like the onion and the ribs will not be there on wed after someone see's this or you may win the chaleeng right off before the ribs get coldne_nau.gif I bet you are having fun win this challenge Gingr :D no birds JEFF
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
  • Lucky HackLucky Hack Registered Users Posts: 594 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2005
    jwear wrote:
    I like the onion and the ribs will not be there on wed after someone see's this or you may win the chaleeng right off before the ribs get coldne_nau.gif I bet you are having fun win this challenge Gingr :D no birds JEFF

I agree, the onions is the best of the series...

hoping this message finds you well -Ian
    Chance favors the prepared mind. -Louis Pasteur
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2005
    It's 4:30 in the monring but these pix are making me hungry. rolleyes1.gif For the theme of patterns and repititions, I think the ribs picture works best but the onion picture has more visual interest and punch. ne_nau.gif I think you should keep shooting and see what you come up with. Of course that is selfish on my part because I really enjoy seeing what you come up with.

Virginia

Email
  • thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2005
    Ginger,
    I agree the ribs is the best in this series for the challenge. The onions are very nice but I think they would be better served in a challenge titled "one" I think that ones coming up soon....
    Anyway nice job, can't wait to see more (I'm sure you can find some birds with pattern and repetition, if your so inclined ;))
    Ashley
    Green is the way to be!
    ashleyharding.smugmug.com
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2005
    Gosh, thank you all for commenting! I photographed all afternoon, neglected my dogs who were in cages to go get these photos. It is only once a week they have farmers market.

No one commented on my "people" shot, no one commented on my "osprey" shot. I here by recommend you all for the prize for contributing comments.

What made me go to the farmers market was the fact I stopped in Barnes and Noble, was reading photography books, several showed food as example of shots of patterns. One book said that it made the shot more interesting to add one thing of a different color to the shot????? I guess that would be one.

I personally like the "Green and White" shot best for no better reason than the fact it appeals to me.

I don't know what to take a shot of............the photography books were all wrong.rolleyes1.gif

I will probably stay home today. I do love the farmer's market, but at the same time I need to get home to my dogs on Tues. Such a problem. Most people take their dogs, but I have three, and my camera and bag, it is just ME........don't know what I will end up doing for that place that just opened again for the season.

And I am back to not knowing what a pattern is.

ginger
    edited April 20, 2005
    A couple more from the market
    These have more of a pattern, not that they are that interesting, oh hum! I don't mean I don't like them, I do, I do, I almost passed out the tomatoes were so pretty at the market, with all their little green things, most people take off the green things. The glass jars, they were there, I was excited, but oh so worried about my dogs (I should have been, too, I had accidentally left the Yorkshire Terrier outside for 8, or more, hours, while the others were crated.) All the Yorkie wanted to do was drink water, the others ate and drank.

20117058-L.jpg

I really like the glass jars, but I am having trouble working them up. Light or dark and how much, so I will put up a few, or a couple, of the same photo.

20117068-L.jpg

That is too light, I know, but is this too dark?

20117060-L.jpg

I like the "Green and White" and the "Glass Jars" best, still. Wish I had spent more time on the glass jars, but there is a definite pattern in the diagonal line here, isn't there?

Gotta get more? Something else? I used 2 gbs of memory on the osprey and only had a 512 mb card left. I shoot in RAW. I got all these, and the photos on the people thread, out of the 512 mb card and only TWO osprey shots.rolleyes1.gif

ginger
  • Eric&SusanEric&Susan Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2005
    I like the jars best. I like how the circles of the jars and the squares of the crate go together yet still stand out on their own. The angle of the shot really helps also. good jobclap.gif

Eric
    "My dad taught me everything I know, unfortunately he didn't teach me everything he knows" Dale Earnhardt Jr

It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

http://photosbyeric.smugmug.com
  • digital faeriedigital faerie Registered Users Posts: 667 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2005
    hey ginger! *hugs*

I like the jars best, especially the 2nd version. perhaps the sunlight could be punched up a bit, it's soooo beautiful
  • GatorGator Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2005
    I love the tomatoes! The 2nd glass jars is also a keeper! I probably love the shot of the tomatoes because I love the vibrant, vivid color! thumb.gif Beautiful shots all of them!
  • GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2005
    The Tomatoes is my Favorite.
  • aero-nutaero-nut Registered Users Posts: 693 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2005
    Ginger, nice job all around, but the tomatos definately catch the eye because of the intense color.
  • davevdavev Registered Users Posts: 3,118 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2005
    20117058-L.jpg

ginger[/QUOTE]
    I like this one best, but, the tomatoes at the bottom are a little out or focus.

dave.
    dave.

Basking in the shadows of yesterday's triumphs'.
  • SandySandy Registered Users Posts: 762 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2005
    The jar shot is really nice, but I like the tomato shot because it really stands out.
  • snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2005
    The tomatoes or the jars?
    Ginger,

I love the tomatoe shot. It's perfect for the theme and very colorful. But I have the problem of wondering about a "hook". I have that problem with my shots too. But, is it really necessary? I don't know. Andy's example in the challenge thread has the little something extra with the cloud reflections.

The jar shot has something extra. It has nostalgia. It makes you think. The pattern is not as strong as the tomatoes though. I don't know. I don't want to steer you wrong. I like the second jar shot with the extra brightness. Maybe the tomatoes need a sign on them, or a bug, or something.
    Don't know, but I like those two the best.
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
    edited April 23, 2005
    Two and Meditation
    TWO by ginger

20295060-L.jpg

Meditation by ginger

20295062-M.jpg

Taken 4/22
    edited April 23, 2005
    What do you all think of the egrets...........TWO??????

I could put it on the challenge thread, it would be noticed.

ginger (Comments....is TWO enough is the question?)
    edited April 23, 2005
    AOL' s precise dictionary
    Main Entry: rep·e·ti·tion
    Pronunciation:
    "re-p&-'ti-sh&n
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Middle English repeticioun, from Latin repetition-, repetitio, from repetere to repeat
    Date: 15th century
    1 : the act or an instance of repeating or being repeated

It doesn't say how many times...........

Main Entry: [1]pat·tern
    Pronunciation:
    'pa-t&rn
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Middle English patron, from Middle French, from Medieval Latin patronus
    Date: 14th century
    1 : a form or model proposed for imitation : [url="aol://4344:1708.D0023633.40131667.672502875/"]EXEMPLAR[/url]
    2 : something designed or used as a model for making things <a dressmaker's pattern>
    3 : a model for making a mold into which molten metal is poured to form a casting
    4 : an artistic, musical, literary, or mechanical design or form
    5 : a natural or chance configuration <frost pattern> <the pattern of events>
    6 : a length of fabric sufficient for an article (as of clothing)
    7 a : the distribution of shrapnel, bombs on a target, or shot from a shotgun b : the grouping made on a target by bullets
    8 : a reliable sample of traits, acts, tendencies, or other observable characteristics of a person, group, or institution <behavior pattern> <spending pattern>
    9 a : the flight path prescribed for an airplane that is coming in for a landing b : a prescribed route to be followed by a pass receiver in football
    10 : [url="aol://4344:1708.D0071084.40179121.672606148/"]TEST PATTERN[/url]
    11 : a discernible coherent system based on the intended interrelationship of component parts <foreign policy patterns>
    12 : frequent or widespread incidence <a pattern of dissent>
    synonym see [url="aol://4344:1708.D0044045.40152079.672503366/"]MODEL[/url]
    - pat·terned /-t&rnd/ adjective
    - pat·tern·less adjective
  • digital faeriedigital faerie Registered Users Posts: 667 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    What do you all think of the egrets...........TWO??????

I could put it on the challenge thread, it would be noticed.

ginger (Comments....is TWO enough is the question?)
    I like the shapes for the egrets shot. gotta love a good s-curve.

perhaps the sky blue could get punched up? ne_nau.gif
    edited April 23, 2005
    Thanks, DF, I will work on the sky. I have other shots of those, wish I could have gotten three. They were spinning, the traffic was going and stopping.......

$29.00 for those things. The guy says they are handmade. Didn't look handmade to me.

g (I wanted to buy a bunch and make my whole yard look egret trashy) (They did have flamingos, I could have thrown one of those in, but my trademark is an egret)
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2005
    I love the egrets shot. thumb.gif DF may be right about the sky, but I wouldn't saturate it too much more because there is a pastel feel to the bird sculptures that you don't want to overwhelm. Don't know if this pix would be a contender for this challenge -- I just don't have a good idea yet of where things are going. My suspicion is that a macro shot will take the prize. But I love the picture (or did I say that already?). clap.gif

Virginia

Email
  • Lucky HackLucky Hack Registered Users Posts: 594 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2005
    20117060-L.jpg

This is a great shot for the contest, it has pattern, two or three if you count the grain of the wood, the pattern of the glass has modulus ( they're not all at the same height,) and the way the light dances through the glass is b-e-a-u-tiful! I can see a tiny little sunset it in each glass. Wait, listen,.... do you hear that... its the sound of jealousy, this shot has some really great elements. If you don't use it, give it to me and I will! eek7.gifmwink.gifne_nau.gifrolleyes1.gif

hoping this message finds you well -Ian
    Chance favors the prepared mind. -Louis Pasteur
    edited April 24, 2005
    Flyinggina wrote:
    I love the egrets shot. thumb.gif DF may be right about the sky, but I wouldn't saturate it too much more because there is a pastel feel to the bird sculptures that you don't want to overwhelm. Don't know if this pix would be a contender for this challenge -- I just don't have a good idea yet of where things are going. My suspicion is that a macro shot will take the prize. But I love the picture (or did I say that already?). clap.gif

Virginia
    Thanks, Virginia. I made a business card, or I am making one, out of the one like my Avatar. I love these things, too.

g
    edited April 24, 2005
    Patterns and Repetitions
    I did this a few days ago, same day as egrets, figured I might as well post it. Used my dreaded 70-200 lens, suppose that is the most unique thing about it................and the frame, haven't seem many like this. g

20412424-L.jpg
    edited April 24, 2005
    The New, New Bridge
    20424069-L.jpg
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2005
    yer on track with many of these, ginger. try to get down lower though, to the 'maters, the onions, etc. open wiiiiiide the aperture and focus on just one tomato maybe 1/3 the way in .... and let the rest be oof and more

love the ribs - same deal, get closer! let me enjoy them fully

i think the bikes are *mint*
    edited April 25, 2005
    Thanks for the suggestion, Andy. I am hoping the weather is nice for the Farmer's market on Tues. That is a good idea on those tomatoes. I think. I don't know how close I can get, and it will be the wide angle. Or the 70-200, but that did not work well, did not work at all, last week. I had to stand too far away. I should get a close up filter or something for one of my lenses, but wouldn't know which one, don't think I really have the lens for it. Will try.

Gosh I am tired, I am rambling. So much. And now that I have started shooting that bridge, there is a contest, here, ending April 10th. Can't shoot it from where I was on that one. I wasn't going to enter, but hey.......... I am just sitting here not doing much, might as well. rolleyes1.gif

I think my husband is going to kill me if I talk him into going one more place.

And I have not put this much work into the challenge in many months. I have ideas, I just can't find them. In multiples........I was at the bird rookery yesterday when the light was right for the challenge. If I could get a good storm, not the day of the farmer's market, I could get a photo of the bridge and use it for this and locally. Or I could go corral the egrets and make them stand in a line............

g (Pulled a hamstring doing this and I am no longer walking upright)

Thanks for stopping. :D