Found A New Bug, ID Help?

darkdragondarkdragon Registered Users Posts: 1,051 Major grins
edited July 21, 2008 in Holy Macro
Hey guys, I found this today and have no idea what it is. Hoping that maybe someone here can recognize it with these really bad photos. These are the only 2 images I was able to get, unfortunately.

Some info:
Found in Zion, Utah aprox 12pm. It was about 85f outside, cloudcover and storm brewing.

Click image for the Original.

335348065_nXWW6-L.jpg

335348148_wfo3j-L.jpg
~ Lisa

Comments

• Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2008
    Looks like a plant or leaf hopper
    Brian V.
  • darkdragondarkdragon Registered Users Posts: 1,051 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2008
    Thanks Brian. I'm sure that's it now that you said that. The wind was blowing, my camera saw the critter better than I could. rolleyes1.gif
    ~ Lisa
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2008
    darkdragon wrote:
    Hey guys, I found this today and have no idea what it is. Hoping that maybe someone here can recognize it with these really bad photos. These are the only 2 images I was able to get, unfortunately.

Some info:
    Found in Zion, Utah aprox 12pm. It was about 85f outside, cloudcover and storm brewing.

Click image for the Original.

Looks similar to the little guy I found at Ann's place in Canada :D
    looks like a leaf hopper to me too.

They're strange looking little critters close up, hope you get to see one that is not in hiding, the heads on those things a pretty darn cool.

Thanks for sharing thumb.gif ... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • darkdragondarkdragon Registered Users Posts: 1,051 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2008
    Thanks Skippy :D

Yeah, this little guy was hiding alright. I would get a shot and he'd move the other side of the leave, so i'd walk around to that size and get a shot, and he'd move around again. Never ending battle for the sharp images with him.

Wind, side of the road, cliff - he was the only critter there and i didnt want to give up but this was the best I got.

I have more/better buggy goodness comming up tonight. Just need to get caught up on work so I didn't bring any distractions with me today rolleyes1.gif
    ~ Lisa