Golden voyage

JwillJwill Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
edited July 22, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
Fluroflagb2.jpg
Hi everyone. Here's my attempt at filters. This is a composite. As don't have any physical filters, I made one by pouring honey on the front of my lens (!) protected by gladwrap, and used that to shoot the background. My computer screen isn't calibrated, and I'm wondering if it's oversaturated or there's too much contrast. Your opinions would be appreciated,

Cheers,

Josh

Comments

• pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2008
    Jwill wrote:
    Hi everyone. Here's my attempt at filters. This is a composite. As don't have any physical filters, I made one by pouring honey on the front of my lens (!) protected by gladwrap, and used that to shoot the background. My computer screen isn't calibrated, and I'm wondering if it's oversaturated or there's too much contrast. Your opinions would be appreciated,

Cheers,

Josh

This is very cool, though you scared me a bit when you said you poured honey on you lens :D.

Nice image, good title

Edit: maybe try sharpening the bee in PP a little?
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2008
    That is such a cool shot! A Saran-wrap-and-honey lens? eek7.gif That's pretty original. Love it!!! thumb.gif

On my monitor, the gold color really stands out. It doesn't look oversaturated. I wouldn't change a thing.
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited July 21, 2008
    that is really cool! Nice creative way of getting an effect!
  • VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2008
    Way cool! you should at least get the prize for most creative filter!:D

Winston
  • JwillJwill Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited July 22, 2008
    Thanks guys for the feedback. I think I'll leave it as is and see what happens ;)