rocketman's 2.4 ideas

RocketManRocketMan Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
edited July 22, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
I picked up a “star” filter that I wanted to try on an upcoming photo shoot I’m doing at a big motorcycle event this coming weekend and thought the star filter might be fun to use as many of bikes I’ll be shooting have lots of chrome, we shall see…
In the mean time I tried it out this morning on my G9, using the cokin filter holder setup, of the sun reflected off a glass widow at work with early AM dew still on it and one looking out across the pond at work. First two are cropped with a little editing, the third I went a over-board on playing with capturing the gradients in the center of the “star”.

So, any thoughts on these? I’m hoping to get back from the event before the deadline and maybe have some motorcycle shots to choose from using the start filter on my D80, but since I’m traveling by motorcycle the laptop is staying home.

morning-sun3-sm.jpg

sun1-sm.jpg

morning-sun2-sm.jpg

RM
http://roadrunes.com
"It's better to bite the hand that feeds you, than to feed the hand that bites you" - Me :D

Comments

• JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited July 22, 2008
    Interesting concept. Will be curious to see what you come up with the motocycle shoot. Have fun!
  • davevdavev Registered Users Posts: 3,118 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2008
    I'm thinking that with the star effect more is more.
    I think there should be many points of light for this filter to show off what it can do.
    Remember to rotate it for different looks.
    dave.

Basking in the shadows of yesterday's triumphs'.
  • RocketManRocketMan Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2008
    davev wrote:
    I'm thinking that with the star effect more is more.
    I think there should be many points of light for this filter to show off what it can do.
    Remember to rotate it for different looks.

thanks, I have to agree, one large star is somewhat overwhelming, I've tried a few with smaller multipul stars that seem to work better, but nothing worth posting.

RM
    "It's better to bite the hand that feeds you, than to feed the hand that bites you" - Me :D
  • RocketManRocketMan Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2008
    JAG wrote:
    Interesting concept. Will be curious to see what you come up with the motocycle shoot. Have fun!

Thanks, the motorcycle shoot is my first contracted assignment so needless to say I'm pretty excited. A few of my shots from last got entered in the hard-cover event photo book for 07 after one of the event co-ordinators saw my photos and contacted me about working with them this year and using some from last yearwings.gif .

Hopefully I'll be back in time to enter something before the deadline!

Rocketman