37 ideas

rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
edited April 22, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
Ok, so this isn't eligable, i took it about a month ago, but I was wondering if you think something like this is on the right track...I may just get off my butt and actually enter this challenge.

moreminimalism058.jpg
www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso

Comments

• jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,009 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2005
    that works thumb.gif now if you get up real fast don't get dizzy :D
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2005
    Definitely on the right track. clap.gif Hope you will enter this challenge. The more the merrier! :D

Virginia

Email
  • thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2005
    Rahmonster,
    Nice picture. I love the greens(well, duh) and the blues of it. You should try entering this contest I think it will suit you. Your work shows a leaning to macro and minimal things- perfect for this challenge! But don't be afraid of the other challenges- it lets you stretch your wings- or at least get up off you butt. Can't wait to see what entry you come up with.
    Ashley
    Green is the way to be!
    ashleyharding.smugmug.com
  • aero-nutaero-nut Registered Users Posts: 693 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2005
    Yup! That's the idea. Can't wait to see your re-shoots.
  • rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2005
    Ok so this is the reshoot I did today with no post processing. I took about 50 pictures...rolleyes1.gif So far I think this is the best, the rest are in the photobucket if you're interested. Tomorrow I will see if I can do some post pro experimentation...But right now I'm beat.

What do you think?
    sequins-small1.jpg

• digital faeriedigital faerie Registered Users Posts: 667 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2005
    I absolutely love the color of the shot, I think the light is nice, too. Is this fabric? Is there anyway to stretch it so that your frame makes a nice wave? It's so watery I keep wanting to see a nice S-curve there. maybe take some clothes pins and manipulate it somehow?

it could just be the size but it appears just a tad soft in focus, maybe it's me because I'm 3 sips into coffee rolleyes1.gif
    edited April 21, 2005
    I absolutely love the color of the shot, I think the light is nice, too. Is this fabric? Is there anyway to stretch it so that your frame makes a nice wave? It's so watery I keep wanting to see a nice S-curve there. maybe take some clothes pins and manipulate it somehow?

it could just be the size but it appears just a tad soft in focus, maybe it's me because I'm 3 sips into coffee rolleyes1.gif
    Yes it's a shirt. I had a little bit of play with changing the shape, but it was pretty windy today it wasn't co-operatingumph.gifThis is the best one. Yes they probably are soft, my equipment is well....rolleyes1.gif rather lacking. I'm working with a 3.2 mega pixel point and shoot so focus has been my biggest hurdle so far. But I haven't done any post processing yet.

here are some more (yes i took many) if you are interested:

Maybe I should try some new ideasheadscratch.gif

• digital faeriedigital faerie Registered Users Posts: 667 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2005
    rahmonster wrote:
    Yes it's a shirt. I had a little bit of play with changing the shape, but it was pretty windy today it wasn't co-operatingumph.gifThis is the best one. Yes they probably are soft, my equipment is well....rolleyes1.gif rather lacking. I'm working with a 3.2 mega pixel point and shoot so focus has been my biggest hurdle so far. But I haven't done any post processing yet.

here are some more (yes i took many) if you are interested:

Maybe I should try some new ideasheadscratch.gif
    I wonder if stepping back just a bit would help with the focus.....it may just be the 3.2 MP, I dunno.

I think it's worth exploring another shot with a created S-curve if you like that idea. the colors are so purdy

never know, I'm going to try walking around downtown this afternoon and seeing what I can come up with. good luck! thumb.gif
    edited April 22, 2005
    Well here is another shot with a little post processing. Let me know whaty you think.
    patternsrepitition0292.jpg