Options

Other users upload

kevinchamplinkevinchamplin Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
edited July 22, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Is there a way to allow my family members to upload their photos to my site? They all are not computer literate so I'd like to make it as easy as possible for them.

I currently am looking at the pro plan if that helps.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    MelladyMellady Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited July 22, 2008
    Is there a way to allow my family members to upload their photos to my site? They all are not computer literate so I'd like to make it as easy as possible for them.

I currently am looking at the pro plan if that helps.

Thanks!

This would be a good feature if implemented right. Photobucket just started doing something like this but I don't know if it is done that well. The worst part about it would be trying to explain to your family members that they can't upload absolutely everything, otherwise you end up with a ton of blurry cat pictures. *L*
  • Options
    darryldarryl Registered Users Posts: 997 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2008
    Pro accounts have a Guest Password feature that is exactly for this purpose.

Mellady makes a good point -- you should ask them to *only* upload the "good shots".

As that link states, "Guests cannot delete photos or galleries."

The other danger that isn't fully described in the link is that Guests can kind of mess up how your site looks if they start clicking on things like "Arrange by Category/Gallery" or changing gallery themes or setting the Bio picture (!)

Nothing that isn't usually reversible, but I enabled the Guest password for my son's preschool, and would have to fix things back now and again.