Castle of Chantilly

YzyYzy Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
edited August 9, 2008 in Landscapes
Hello everyone :))

All the fabulous pictures in this forum gives me the spirit to shoot the castle of Chantilly and share with you all :)) (though my pics are not outstanding but well :rofl)

Here some history first :
The Château de Chantilly stands at the heart of a vast domain covering 7 800 hectares, located in one of the largest forests near Paris, Le Massif de Trois Forêts (Chantilly, Halatte and Ermonville forests).
The Château and estate have been built up by the owners of Chantilly since the Middle Ages.
The Château de Chantilly has one of the finest museums of historical paintings in France (after the Louvre in Paris) and a library well stocked with rare and precious books and manuscripts.

* The castle from outside :
336046265_KaP4B-L.jpg
* Fisrt wing at the entrance to the domaine
335975619_GAFyb-L.jpg
* The principal door to the castle
335978187_4tWui-L.jpg
* The church of the castle
335978825_mVcVm-L.jpg

If you want to see all the set :
http://cauv1.smugmug.com/gallery/5493366_GeS8S/1/335975619_GAFyb

Thanks for your visite and feel free to comment and share your opinions with me thanks again :))

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2008
    Hi Yzy, what a gorgeous castle! thumb.gif

The architecture there is amazing -- as is the ironwork I see in the last shot. Those guys really knew how to do the details, didn't they!

I think such a place could really pop out on a nice sunset or with more drama in the sky. The light during the middle of the day is kind of flat, but I certainly know that if you're restricted to opening hours there's only so much you can do about that. lol3.gif

Nonetheless I like the last shot best, with the upwards perspective.

Thanks for sharing!
  • YzyYzy Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited July 23, 2008
    Thanks a lot for your comments and avices Schmoo :))

I always was a point-n-shoot until some wekks ago when I decided to buy the Olympus sp570 :))
    Now I want to learn and practice the more I can to be able someday to take some amazing pictures like those I see in this superbe forum :))
    Many thanks again :))
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2008
    ok, i have added yet another location to my list of places to see.
    wow, what a place it is! thanks for sharingclap.gif
    Aaron Nelson
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2008
    Amazingly beautiful place and photos !!
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • snowalkersnowalker Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited August 9, 2008
    architecture
    nice castle.
    what is the exact location?
    thanks!