Options

shouldn't there be "random photo" by now?

fourseasonsfourseasons Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
edited April 20, 2005 in SmugMug Support
I have been with smugmug for almost a year now, but I know very little about other users and/or their galleries. I feel most blame is because there's no "random photo" at smugmug, there's "browse" function, but I don't know where to start and there's not much excitement cause you can expect what kinda photos would appear in each category. :uhoh

I was with Pbase and they have very strong community, mostly because people are more connected over there, partially because of the random photos function, where people stumble into other people creations.

So splease smugmug, should it be the time yet for this function? I would loooovee to see this, there must be tons of wonderful galleries in smugmug waiting to be discovered, please help us discover them!

-FS-

Comments

• Options
    GatorGator Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2005
    Where do you want to see the random photo? on your own homepage? not me! i think the communities are the best way to keep it.
  • Options
    NikonGirlNikonGirl Registered Users Posts: 204 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2005
    I'm just curious...are the galleries that are featured on Smugmug's home page random? For Pro Users, Power Users and Standard Users, there are two examples of each. Do these galleries ever change, or are they the same galleries all the time. And if they do change, is it random?
  • Options
    BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited April 20, 2005
    The ones on our current home page are static, unfortunately. We're changing the home page to have a bigger one that rotates at random.

Maybe it'd be cool to have an eye candy page right off the home page that had a collection that rotated at random?
  • Options
    fourseasonsfourseasons Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited April 20, 2005
    Baldy wrote:
    The ones on our current home page are static, unfortunately. We're changing the home page to have a bigger one that rotates at random.

Maybe it'd be cool to have an eye candy page right off the home page that had a collection that rotated at random?

Gator: no, not in my website, it should be on smugmug main page or around there. such as here: http://www.pbase.com/photos/random.html

Nikongirl: that's what I have in mind, random photos displayed such as in the smugmug main page.

Baldy: glad to think you are thinking of some solution. We can follow example from other online photogalleries, not copied it outright, just follow similary to the successful ones. I like your idea as a starter.