That's it,

cdonovancdonovan Registered Users Posts: 724 Major grins
edited July 22, 2008 in Landscapes
I give up!

You folks and your landscape photos are incredible! I've tried and tried and can't get the detail, color and depth. Am I choosing the wrong settings?

I usually shoot in M or TV, those are my two favorite modes. What are the ideal settings when shooting landscapes, I'm talking rolling hills mountains, hayfields, sun sets etc.

I'm surrounded by some beautiful scenery that I'd love to capture, please help!!!!:D

Comments

• DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2008
    The best way to get some advice on this is to post some (large) examples of your attempts with the EXIF data so people can be specific.

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2008
    rolleyes1.gif I know exactly how you feel, so please don't give up!

Taking a good landscape looks so easy but I have always been so surprised to find how easy it is NOT. You can't change the light, can't move things to suit your composition better, can't fight the weather, etc etc. I love being outside shooting but most of the time I actually am I'm grumpy and frustrated and sullen. lol3.gif

Processing is part of it sure but for major lessons I'd talk to the people in Finishing School.

So just keep posting here and we'll all help each other out, k? thumb.gif
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2008
    i know i know and i agree that there are greats here

i use the great photographers as motivation not a comparison.

one thing that helps me is concentrating on the fg composition and letting the bg be what it is....
    Aaron Nelson