A Few Desert/Lake/Sunset Photos

EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
edited July 22, 2008 in Landscapes
A long absense and nothing worthy to post of late. But I had a chance to get out for a few hours.

Thank you,
Eia

336545818_J3LTS-XL.jpg

336545899_3FeoR-XL.jpg

336546688_Ho2sQ-XL.jpg

Comments

• ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited July 22, 2008
    Deserts are great places. Aren't they?

In a land of extremes, you can have the t-storms and fabulous sunsets as you've got in these shots. I'll bet the cactus was shot in the heat of the desert :D

Be careful with the sharpening. Your first looks a tad over sharpened.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • wellmanwellman Registered Users Posts: 961 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2008
    ian408 wrote:

In a land of extremes, you can have the t-storms and fabulous sunsets as you've got in these shots. I'll bet the cactus was shot in the heat of the desert :D

Also might have too high a dose of Clarity, if they were processed in Lightroom or PS. Too much clarity can put a dark line on the darker side of a high-contrast border, like where the rear mountains meet the sky.

Nice photos, though. I'd have loved to have been there. :D
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2008
    ian408 wrote:

I'm not happy with the first one (mountain and clouds). I think it has too much sharpening too. I was in a small boat trying to capture this picture. We were really rocking around. Try as I might I just couldn't get it. What a shame...as:cry it was the most 'dramatic' scene of the day.

By the time we got up the lake the clouds had cleared away. I thought for sure we would have time to get some nice dramatic sky/desert but that is typical with our monsoons. Yep, the cactus was in the heat of the day!

Bummer...

Thanks,
    Eia
  • christinamaechristinamae Registered Users Posts: 484 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2008
    Thanks for sharing these. I like the first one - would like to see it without the over sharpening.

The second photo reminds me of the Bartlett Lake area. Where did you shoot these?
    edited July 22, 2008
    Thanks for sharing these. I like the first one - would like to see it without the over sharpening.

The second photo reminds me of the Bartlett Lake area. Where did you shoot these?

Yep...Bartlett Lake!!! :D

Thank you,

Eia
  • christinamaechristinamae Registered Users Posts: 484 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2008
    Eia wrote:
    Yep...Bartlett Lake!!! :D

Thank you,

Eia

Cool! I'm in Cave Creek. I love photographing that area.
    edited July 22, 2008
    Cool! I'm in Cave Creek. I love photographing that area.

I'm south of you!!! I enjoy going to the Town Dump. You can see some crazy photos from there that I have on smugmug site. A great place to practice with color! :D

http://www.eikon.smugmug.com/gallery/4329881_UFAuC#253945947_y42Zm

Example:

253946291_WARwZ-XL.jpg