Look out coming through

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Major grinsBournemouth, UKPosts: 0 Major grins
edited July 23, 2008 in Sports
Taken this weekend at Eastbourne Extreme

img_4131.jpg

Unfortunately I did chop the front whell when I took the picture but he was looming large in my lense at head level :huh

Thanks for looking

Tim

Comments

• donekdonek Registered Users Posts: 655 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2008
    I'm not entirely sure what this guy is doing. I'm guessing this is a kiting device of some sort. It's really important to see your subjects face. It gives a sense of what your subject is thinking and feeling. If it's a little known sport, you really need to show more of what's going on. It's my opinion that tight shots on sports that don't involve a ball rarely work well. Pick up any surfing, skiing, snowboarding, kiting magazine and you'll find that the subject rarely fills the frame. Shoot wide and tell a story.

Just looking at this image, it appears that yor depth of field is too shallow. The guys face and arm are sharp, but the front and rear wheel are out of focus. I'm not sure what your f stop was, but you could increase it to eliminate this issue. I may be missinterpreting motion blur here, but I'm pretty sure it's depth of field.
    Sean Martin
    www.seanmartinphoto.com

aaaaa.... who am I kidding!

whoever dies with the biggest coolest piece of glass, wins!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Major grins Bournemouth, UKPosts: 0 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2008
    Its called Freestyle Buggy Jumping, basically the guy has just flown of the top of the grass hump at about 4ft high.

The camera setting were F9 1/320s ISO 100 at 70mm, problem is I can't remember what lense I had on I think it was my canon 70 - 300mm IS (I was also using a Sigma 18 - 125mm OS). I think the wheels are motion blur as they are spinning from rolling up the bank.

I think its unfortunate that his hands were over his face, but I guess knowing what is going on I can accept the hands where they are.

Tim