bubble bath

rhommelrhommel Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
edited July 23, 2008 in People
here's a couple of shots... they're still unedited.. just need some help in terms of post processing... what can i do to make these photos more interesting? you guys are welcome to process them and post it here.. thanks

laura2.jpg

laura3.jpg

Comments

• cmorganphotographycmorganphotography Registered Users Posts: 980 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2008
    I'm sure the bubble bath was warm. Her skin is all flushes. Bath tub shoots seem like a difficult undertaking, unless that's a freestanding tub?
  • christulkchristulk Registered Users Posts: 453 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2008
    I like the idea and the model looks good, however, I couldn't help but be drawn to the towel in the first shot. The towel looks old and seeing the tag and loose threads is a bit distracting. Nit-picky I know, but it really grabbed my attention.eek7.gif
    C&C always welcomed.

Cheers

Chris

http://christulk.smugmug.com

'alot' is two words "a_______lot":D
  • len20len20 Registered Users Posts: 105 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2008
    yeah, lose the towel and the bubbles... that would make it more interesting. mwink.gif
    Canon 5d mii, Canon 50mm f/1.8, 35mm 1.4L, 70-200mm IS L
  • ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2008
    len20 wrote:
    yeah, lose the towel and the bubbles... that would make it more interesting. mwink.gif

The bubbles are perfectly placed! The color of the towel needs to match the shower curtain - which is sort of busy and pulls your eye away (if you are female). Whiten her eyes a bit as well.

If you were to reshoot, I'd love to have her chin be up a bit...but that is a real nitpick.
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com
  • kundalinikundalini Registered Users Posts: 100 Big grins
    edited July 23, 2008
    I didn't comment last night mainly because you asked about processing and not critique. That and nobody else had posted and since I'm fairly new hear, didn't want to ruffle feathers. With that, I will go with my thoughts.

Very pretty model with beautiful skin. You can take my comments with a very large grain of salt, but this is what my eyes see:

I really like her pose in the first shot. Her lines and curves work very well and I particularly like the position of her left hand being on edge to the camera, but think the cropped fingers are not pleasing. I wish her head was turn slightly more to her left, and chin lifted. This (I think) would allow more left-side white of the right eye to be more noticeable. The right eye is a little dark, nonetheless, IMO. Just a couple of nitpicks are that I would prefer not to see the tag on the towel and there seems to be a loose string at the corner. Also I'm not too keen on the way the line of the wallcovering bisects her buttocks. Apart from the right eye, I think the lighting is good.

The second shot is not to my liking. The PoV and crop just doesn't work for me. However, the bubbles are nicely dispersed and again the lighting is very pleasing.
    I'll not repeat what others say, so, you can call me Brer.

"... but I'll be sober in the morning." - Winston Chruchill