Preston North End v Everton (Friendly)

Paul IddonPaul Iddon Registered Users Posts: 5,129 Major grins
edited July 28, 2008 in Sports
The family and I went to Deepdale for a birthday treat for Gill & Rachel (birthday on the day of the match for the wife, and this Friday for Rachel, turning 10 years old, and her first ever football match) where we watched the pre-season friendly between Preston and Everton on Tuesday night.

Everton won the match 1-0 with a 9th minute headed goal by Phil Jagielka.

Only problem was - we were sat 15 rows back behind the goal in the Bill Shankley Kop, and the lens I have for distance work is only the Canon 75-300mm standard zoom, which is F5.6 at the top end. Add to the lower light levels of shooting from the stands, and I was having to use ISO's of 800 and 1600 to get any half-decent shutter speeds. Not fast enough really.

Still, I persevered and got a few not to bad images.

First Half:

Teams line up at start of match:

teams.jpg

Everton's best effort other than the goal (which I didn't photograph cos I was cheering as it went in) in the first half, when the ball came back off the bar from a strike by the 16 year old protege Jose Baxter.

bar.jpg

North End's Chris Brown had to go off injured:

injured.jpg

North End have a free kick on the edge of the box (came to nothing):

freekick.jpg

Attack cleared by England international Jolean Lescott:

defend.jpg

Mikel Arteta warms up on the touchline:

arteta1.jpg

Second Half:

Phil Neville and Mikel Arteta build up an attack on the right flank:

arteta4.jpg

Arteta pulls of an audacious flick and slides the ball out to the wide player:

flick.jpg

Boy wonder Arteta again, about to deliver a ball into the box:

arteta3.jpg

Everton players celebrate a comfortable win at the end - here is the goalscorer Phil Jagielka (No.6) taking the plaudits.

jagswinner.jpg

A decent night out, just a shame I couldn't get nearer to the action to get better shots.

Paul.

Link to my personal website: http://www.pauliddon.co.uk

Comments