Options

Slideshow problem inside kiosk

DrGBCDrGBC Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited July 21, 2008 in SmugMug Support
One of the ways that we're using SmugMug at our museum is to share historical and other images with our visitors through an onsite electronic kiosk (Kioware Lite).

I'm having trouble making the SmugMug slideshow work properly through the kiosk environment. I'm also working with the kiosk software developers on the problem. What we're observing is that the slideshow will run once, but will not run again in a different (second) gallery -- until a session-end is executed. However, I can stop and re-run the slideshow a second time if I stay in the same gallery. I'm wondering if the flash movie may not be completely stopping; or, perhaps there is something on the gallery page that is (situationally) preventing the slideshow from running.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Andy wrote:
Hi Folks! On March 17th we released a new version of our Full Screen Slideshow and also the gallery-style slideshow.

If you are having any difficulties with the slideshow, we want to help, and we'll do it here. Some things we need to know when you reply:

1. We need to know your installed flash version, for IE (if you use it) and for other browsers. Go to this page at Adobe and tell us the results.

2. We need to know what browser you are using, and the version, and on what Operating System. E.g., IE6 on WinXP; IE7 on Windows Vista Home Premium; Firefox 2.0.0.13 on Mac OS X 10.5.

3. We need a direct gallery link to where you are having the problem.

4. Tell us if you can use the Full Screen Slideshow here in this gallery.

5. Tell us if you can see the Full Screen Slideshow using this share link.

6. If you can see #5 and cannot see #4, can you see this? (click the little icon to the right of the movie)

or you can do Adobe's Full Screen test here.
(click the full screen mode on the left, then let the demo load, then click full screen view button on the movie).

7. If you cannot see SmugMug's Full Screen Slideshow, or the Cars Movie Demo in full screen or the Adobe Full Screen Demo in full screen, you may have a hardware issue with full screen. Try disabling hardware acceleration in the flash player.

Some of you may have all the right stuff but have customizing that is getting in the way of your Full Screen Slideshow:
  • modifying the breadcrumb with javascript
  • having the olde javascript slideshow installed still
Looking for Shizam's Homepage Slideshow? Right Here.

EDIT (April 9th, 2008): We updated the site to support the latest Adobe Flash version (9,0,124,0). You DO NOT require this version but if you have it or get it, you'll be fine. :)