Options

Kari, Lance, Cars: Companion Piece

2»

Comments

• Options
    cmorganphotographycmorganphotography Registered Users Posts: 980 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2008
    WildWally wrote:
    You seem to work well with this model . Is she your good friend/GF ??
    BTW , these are much better than the other shoot with her !!!! thumb.gif
    Having her be my girlfriend would be weird for my husband!!rolleyes1.gif
    She is a good friend of mine. I'm glad it shows.:D I know, they are much better. I have dgrin to thank for that.... and my 50mm. Thanks for looking!
  • Options
    edited July 24, 2008
    Richard wrote:
    Do we really need to get into a watermarks discussion again? Really? rolleyes1.gif
    I totally missed this comment. Sorry.bowdown.gif
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2008
    I totally missed this comment. Sorry.bowdown.gif
    I think he meant me mwink.gifrolleyes1.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    edited July 24, 2008
    Nikolai wrote:
    I think he meant me mwink.gifrolleyes1.gif
    AHHAHAHAHAhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaa. Quite. :D I've a self portrait to shoot. 'Scuse me.rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited July 25, 2008
    I've a self portrait to shoot. 'Scuse me.rolleyes1.gif
    topless? mwink.gif
  • Options
    HallidayHalliday Registered Users Posts: 149 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2008
    Nikolai wrote:
    topless? mwink.gif
    Oh boy!
    www.lanceshuey.com

I won't sell out even if the whole world think's I'm crazy.
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,937 moderator
    edited July 25, 2008
    Nikolai wrote:
    topless? mwink.gif

Edit by Richard: Jeeze, it was just a joke. Lighten up.
  • Options
    edited July 25, 2008
    Richard wrote:
    lol, good one!thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited July 25, 2008
    Dude. That's so wrong.
    I'm sure it was all in jest but seriuosly. Don't be so inappropriate with me, please. There are plenty of models willing to be nude for your googling eyes.

I was made up like the joker in a tux because I don't have a purple suit. I didn't have the proper make up and I'll have to get some grease paint and try again.
  • Options
    edited July 25, 2008
    Nikolai wrote:
    topless? mwink.gif
    Wouldn't you be surprised if I said yes and I shaved my head.
  • Options
    edited July 25, 2008
    Wouldn't you be surprised if I said yes and I shaved my head.
    You mean going all Sinnead O'Conner on us:-)?
    OK, OK, I'm out :hide
  • Options
    edited July 25, 2008
    Nikolai wrote:
    You mean going all Sinnead O'Conner on us:-)?
    OK, OK, I'm out :hide

rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2008
    Back for another look and my pleasure from the set has increased.

The model was responding to you, you can see it in every shot. There's positive coming out towards you in all her faces. I enjoy this most!

Almost the whole set (#7 is the exception, and I think it is equal as a loner to the combined force of all the others! A fine study with just a little crop imbalance flaw L/R, and top, maybe - anwmn1 also feels so. But the PP is classy! The most perfect luminosity of the skin set against rich contrasty monotone tones! iloveyou.gif) is characterised by a your lighting and color theme.

It's that theme that I buy - the placement of islands of clear, saturated color in a pastel scape - eyes, mouth, hair, and in #4 & 6 the ducco of the BMW, if you had allowed it a little more.

I like the suggestion of boob in #1, evokes sympathy in me (and I refer you to D H Lawrence for the connection he makes between sympathy and other things). But I don't like the way the halter hangs forward against the direction of her neck and arm.

I love the frank, relaxed femininity of #2. It's intimate in a chummy way, no threat or expectation. And I like armpits anyway!

Too much is lost from the bottom of #4. Crossing her hands might have been nice. This is the most risky of the shots and it is also the most flattering to the model - her figure and her face. The laughing face is so genuine and beautiful! DOF is just half a hair too narrow, and I've mentioned more needed from the ducco.

I think there is too much determination in the posing of the legs and feet in #6, though the gaze here is among the most striking.

There is something freakish in #8, freakish good and just freakish. The eyes are mesmerising. I am expecting something out of Lucas Works to appear. I might have suggested her hand draw her hair partly across the BMW logo. Would have dressed the veins you are worrying about. I think she needs to lippy her bottom lip a little more narrowly to balance the upper. It can look a bit slobbery.

I repeat iloveyou.giflustiloveyou.gif with an extra iloveyou.gif

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • Options
    edited July 25, 2008
    Thanks Neil, I had a long quoted perfectly comment for this and dgrin ate it.
    Stupid work computer.

I'm glad people felt a comfortable friendliness between Kari and I. Makes me happy.

I had a theme? rolleyes1.gif I have to work on cropping and thanks for the PP compliment. I tried went more overboard with her pics than I usually do. I wanted popping colours. Glad to see I didn't mess up tooo bad. :D
    The desat didn't get to you??

Am I to refer to a specific DH Lawrence work or is there an essay somewhere about sympathy, etc.? I like number one because she's putting a lot of force and thought into her position. She's more or less sliding off the car.

I don't like armpits, but it was a hot day and she looks summer/spring in yellow, fresh and flirty...etc.

I had to cut Lance out of #4 that's why the crop is so extreme. I don't remember what was so funny but I agree she looks great. When she relaxes she's all the model she needs to be.

I try to get her to lift her head and strighten her back, I let her pose herself on these. there's a nice one of her laughing and giving me the death stare in the gallery on my smugmug.

I'll keep the lip thing in mind next I work with her. To me, #8 looks like a beautiful corpse laying on the classic BMW that hit her. We were going for product placement and product ad kinds of photos. I made some lipstick ones too. I can see the Star Warws freakiness in there.

Thanks for the C+C Neil, who knew you could like a set with a clothed model!!! mwink.gif -- I'll give Kari your pointers and throwing some iloveyou.gif right back at you!
  • Options
    HallidayHalliday Registered Users Posts: 149 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2008
    No need to crop me out if it ruins a photo.

I have a few more in my thread.... :)

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=100478
    www.lanceshuey.com

I won't sell out even if the whole world think's I'm crazy.
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2008
    To me, #8 looks like a beautiful corpse laying on the classic BMW that hit her.

When I was doing a beautiful dead girl set, someone suggested I clone out the catch lights in the eyes. It makes it look like there is life in there. Go ahead and try it out and let me know how it works out for you.
    My dead girl set is here: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=86574&highlight=dead
  • Options
    edited July 26, 2008
    someone suggested I clone out the catch lights in the eyes.]
    I wasn't going for dead... that's just what it ended up looking like for me. We were trying for car advertisment. Whenever I learn to do the cloning I'll give it try. I'm sure at some point I'll want to do a corpse shoot!