Augusta National

dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
edited July 27, 2008 in Sports
This is my first post on the Sports Forum.

Friends:

327761665_YrL7p-L-6.jpg

Perfection

327916081_HhYqe-L-6.jpg

Comments

• KEDKED Registered Users Posts: 843 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2008
    It's hard to get a bad shot at Augusta, but I'd LOVE to get one of Tiger there! Nice!!! # 2 would benefit from a tighter crop up to the green and some pop, easily achieved in LR or PS.
  • DonnaLuDonnaLu Registered Users Posts: 69 Big grins
    edited July 23, 2008
    Lucky you! I don't play, but I love the game. Nice that you got both Mark & Tiger smiling. And how'd you get tickets to Augusta?? I admit I'm envious mwink.gif
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." ~M. Twain
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2008
    DonnaLu wrote:
    Lucky you! I don't play, but I love the game. Nice that you got both Mark & Tiger smiling. And how'd you get tickets to Augusta?? I admit I'm envious mwink.gif

One of my golf buddies won the Masters lottery for practice round tickets. This was the first day of practice, and for the first time they allowed cameras. You can see how relaxed Tiger is. You would never get him smiling during an actual competitive round.

The course is more beautiful than you can imagine, and the change in elevations is much more extreme than you can see on TV.

They sell samwiches there for $1.50 and beer for $2.00, and everything is emaculate and run perfectly.

Thanks for looking and commenting. wings.gif
  • KEDKED Registered Users Posts: 843 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2008
    dlplumer wrote:
    The course is more beautiful than you can imagine, and the change in elevations is much more extreme than you can see on TV.
    I was there once about 8 years ago, and it was the elevation changes, especially on the greens, that I found most striking in comparison with my expectations. Those greens are ridiculous! (However, if any of you readers are August members who want to invite me to join, I meant that only i a good way!!!! bowdown.gif )
  • gpphotosgpphotos Registered Users Posts: 266 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2008
    love the photos.

hate master's week.

i've lived half a mile from augusta national for the past 4 years and the traffic is godawful. washington road backs up for 3-4 miles every morning and every afternoon. i usually skip town for the whole week to avoid the mess.

if you really want to capture what goes on at the master's, you'll have to get pictures of washington road and all the people holding up signs saying I NEED TICKETS or I NEED BADGES. haha. maybe one year i'll actually stay in town and do a full series of the side of the masters no one ever sees on TV :)
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2008
    gpphotos wrote:
    love the photos.

hate master's week.

i've lived half a mile from augusta national for the past 4 years and the traffic is godawful. washington road backs up for 3-4 miles every morning and every afternoon. i usually skip town for the whole week to avoid the mess.

if you really want to capture what goes on at the master's, you'll have to get pictures of washington road and all the people holding up signs saying I NEED TICKETS or I NEED BADGES. haha. maybe one year i'll actually stay in town and do a full series of the side of the masters no one ever sees on TV :)

That would make for an interesting perspective thumb.gif