Options

KM A200 flash, buying advice

TopangaRealtorTopangaRealtor Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited April 21, 2005 in Accessories
Hi everyone,

Does anyone have a Promaster Flash unit like the 7500DX Digital Flash that has the strobe feature? Can you tell me about it?

Does anyone have a KM flash unit like the Minolta 5600HS Flash that has the strobe feature? Can you tell me about it?

Does anyone have a flash unit made by another maker with strobe? Can you tell me about it?

In case you can't figure this out I want a flash unit that has the strobe feature.

Suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    ubergeekubergeek Registered Users Posts: 99 Big grins
    edited April 21, 2005
    5600hs(d)
    Back when I shot a Minolta DiMAGE 7Hi, I had a 5600HS(D). This flash as you know has a strobe feature. For strobing, the power level is adjustable between 1/8 and 1/32; frequency between 1 and 100 Hz, and repetitions between 2 and 40 (or for the duration of the exposure). But this information is readily available in Minolta's literature; I assume data is available on the other flashes you mentioned as well. Was there something more specific you had in mind?

By the way, in the days of the 7Hi, the Minoltas were extremely finicky about what flashes they would work with (at least for TTL exposure). I assume that's still the case; make sure you do your research before you buy.

Cheers,
    Jeremy

Jeremy Rosenberger

Zeiss Ikon, Nokton 40mm f/1.4, Canon 50mm f/1.2, Nokton 50mm f/1.5, Canon Serenar 85mm f/2
    Canon Digital Rebel XT, Tokina 12-24mm f/4, Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, Canon 50mm f/1.4

http://ubergeek.smugmug.com/