Options

B&W from a 1956 Rolleiflex

Lucky HackLucky Hack Registered Users Posts: 594 Major grins
edited April 22, 2005 in Holy Macro
Here's some shots from the first roll of B&W film run through a Rollei I bought at the Carson Camera Convention (www.cameraexpo.com). Can't get grain like that from my D70 no matter what I do. When I got these back, the first thing I did was go out and buy a light meter! I'm hoping the second round are a little better, these required a heavy hand in Pshop.

hoping this message finds you well -Ian
Chance favors the prepared mind. -Louis Pasteur

Comments

• Options
    edited April 20, 2005
    ---
  • Options
    edited April 20, 2005
    ----
  • Options
    edited April 20, 2005
    thinking about the challenge 37 already...
  • Options
    edited April 20, 2005

here's 3 overlapping patterns!
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited April 21, 2005
    Love the last one....fantastic clap.gifclap.gif
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    CMasterCMaster Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
    edited April 21, 2005
    I think my favorite of all of them is the one with the cat. Has this very evil and sinister feel about it.

Good stuff thumb.gif
    -- Paul (pmack.smugmug.com)
  • Options
    edited April 21, 2005
    devbobo wrote:
    Love the last one....fantastic clap.gifclap.gif

Thanks David, that's my front door, there was so little light I didn't even think it was going to be salvagable...

• Options
    edited April 21, 2005
    CMaster wrote:
    I think my favorite of all of them is the one with the cat. Has this very evil and sinister feel about it.

Good stuff thumb.gif

Thanks, I like this one too, she looks angry, but she's really just yawning after a nap and I happened to be outside the window.

• Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited April 22, 2005
    Hey Ian, glad to see you're enjoying the new camera. I love #3. How's it feel to be shooting "blind" again?
  • Options
    edited April 22, 2005
    Angelo wrote:
    Hey Ian, glad to see you're enjoying the new camera. I love #3. How's it feel to be shooting "blind" again?

It's wierd and uncomfortable but man, I'm learning a whole lot about photography shooting with a meterless manual rig. I shot the first roll without a meter and it was fun until I got the negs back. :cry I bought a light meter on Wednesday and shot a couple of metered rolls and I felt much more confindent and it allowed me to focus on the shot more. I'm gonna pick up the metered shots today and I'll post a couple of em. There is a wierd sense of suspense and anticipation, waiting to see how the shots come out, now I have to wait a couple of days, but it's still fun. And the grain, it doesn't show up properly in the 600 x 600 file on the screen, but I'm shooting 400 speed film and the grain is tasty.

• Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited April 22, 2005
    Lucky Hack wrote:
    It's wierd and uncomfortable but man, I'm learning a whole lot about photography shooting with a meterless manual rig. I shot the first roll without a meter and it was fun until I got the negs back. :cry I bought a light meter on Wednesday and shot a couple of metered rolls and I felt much more confindent and it allowed me to focus on the shot more. I'm gonna pick up the metered shots today and I'll post a couple of em. There is a wierd sense of suspense and anticipation, waiting to see how the shots come out, now I have to wait a couple of days, but it's still fun. And the grain, it doesn't show up properly in the 600 x 600 file on the screen, but I'm shooting 400 speed film and the grain is tasty.

When you building the new darkroom??? rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited April 22, 2005
    Angelo wrote:
    When you building the new darkroom??? rolleyes1.gif

Not just yet, I had a small one at my old place for a pinhole camera I built, but it was just for developing, not enlarging. My sister has one at her place, I'm gonna have her show me the ropes and see if it's something I even want to mess with. I've heard you can really push a print in the darkroom I know it sounds like too much work, but I'm thinking it could be fun. ne_nau.gif

• Options
    dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2005
    I love working in the darkroom. It's the only reason I have a film camera still. I want to get my own darkroom at home actually cause I will only be able to use the one at school for so long. Processing pictures on the computer is great and I love my digital camera's. But after a stressfull day or week there is nothing more relaxing than chilling out in the darkroom and doing some developing and enlarging. I don't think I would even use film for any commercial work for my websites or anything like that and my digital will always be my main for everything. But being in the darkroom just has a calming effect that looking at a computer screen doesn't (maybe thats cause I spend on average 12 hours or more in front of a computer on a daily basis between work, school, and my photography).
    Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Do Not Have Film.
    www.zxstudios.com
    http://creativedragonstudios.smugmug.com