New Guy... 56k warning

VersusNYCVersusNYC Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
edited July 25, 2008 in Landscapes
I have been lurking these forums for a bit and i finally got around to registering and posting... These are some shots i took in Manhattan, Hells Kitchen area. Feel free to critique or comment. Also let me know if i am following proper posting rules.

Unknown building.

2700856832_8191a22f30_b.jpg

Door.

2700837430_0ee0a0dfbd_b.jpg

Comments

• ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited July 25, 2008
    Welcome!

I like the first. Mostly for the composition and "texture" of the shot.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited July 25, 2008
    Hi there and welcome to Dgrin. wave.gif

I like the first shot as well. From the angle you shot at, you would never know it's in Manhattan. This could be good or bad depending on your intentions, but I think it's good.

Looking forward to seeing more.

Regards,
  • Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2008
    Really like the first one! Like the 2nd one as well....try, if possible, standing on a small step ladder in order to get the doors centered around eye level and if you can't include all of the circular crown work up top, crop your image @ the horizontal moulding to just include the leaf detail. I love these types of shots, well done.
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2008
    Hi and welcome!wave.gif A great intro, two very juicy urban photos. I love them. Thanks for sharing and hope to see more from you soon. :D
  • VersusNYCVersusNYC Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited July 25, 2008
    thanks for the words everyone. Shmoo i like shooting images of all the grime and rust nyc has to offer so your last post of inner landscapes was a real inspiration.

There are lots places out here like that but some are harder to get into than others. :D
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2008
    VersusNYC wrote:
    thanks for the words everyone. Shmoo i like shooting images of all the grime and rust nyc has to offer so your last post of inner landscapes was a real inspiration.

There are lots places out here like that but some are harder to get into than others. :D

Jah! Tell me about it. I actually grew up in the area but never made it to most of those places before I moved down here. Unfortunately. rolleyes1.gif

Maybe your luck is better than mine!
  • DonnaLuDonnaLu Registered Users Posts: 69 Big grins
    edited July 25, 2008
    Good eye! I reeeeeaaaaly like that first one!

My first & only visit to NYC was early December 2006 and the city just blew me away. I was there for 3 full days & left with a crick in my neck that lasted a week. I swore that I could spend an entire day shooting any city block in Manhattan. My bucket list includes at least one trip back....1 week minimum.
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." ~M. Twain