New Dawn HDR

Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
edited July 26, 2008 in Landscapes
Last one, I promise. An attempt @ HDR. Too saturated...fake looking? Maybe could work as a surreal type image, maybe as a deliberate attempt. :dunno

oakingreenfield.jpg?t=1216986798

Comments

• mm-ebizmm-ebiz Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited July 25, 2008
    Like it. I often like more saturated HDR's.
    Like the lines, colors, loneness of the tree....
    Regards

Mike in Dallas
  • jonh68jonh68 Registered Users Posts: 2,711 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2008
    I don't think the saturation is too much. I like it. I don't think there is enough contrast. For an HDR pic, highlights still looks blown out. It looks like exposure was set on the field for your sky portion. The sunrise looks like it has some interesting detail, but it's blown out. Maybe some simple level adjustment would do the trick. I think the tree should be total black as well.
  • cmorganphotographycmorganphotography Registered Users Posts: 980 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2008
    I think they call them dreamscapes? Looks like any minute now I'm going to run screaming across it chased by giant spiders.
    I really like the soft cotton candy colours of the sky and the astroturf green grass. It's a very warm place even though the tree is alone.
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2008
    nice, photo,
    im a little concerned that you report this is the last one...? why? no need to stop.
    yes its surrealish...:D , i dont consider "too much" a factor in this category.
    so thumb.gif very nice.
    Aaron Nelson
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2008
    I would crop out the bottom third thumb.gif
  • cmorganphotographycmorganphotography Registered Users Posts: 980 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2008
    dlplumer wrote:
    I would crop out the bottom third thumb.gif
    Wouldn't it be really neat as a fish eye? Like a little painted world of its own?
  • Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2008
    nice, photo,
    im a little concerned that you report this is the last one...? why? no need to stop.
    yes its surrealish...:D , i dont consider "too much" a factor in this category.
    so thumb.gif very nice.

Thanks very much for the compliment. I'm the "newbie"....didn't want to wear out my welcome with one particular series. :D
  • AFBlueAFBlue Registered Users Posts: 135 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2008
    "... Too saturated...fake looking?"

For my taste, yes and yes.
  • OhEddieOhEddie Registered Users Posts: 337 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2008
    Well done. But I agree with John68.
    Blessed are those who remain flexible, for they shall not get bent out of shape.
  • photosbyDanphotosbyDan Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited July 26, 2008
    I really like this image! it has emotion and lots of color..and leading lines right up to the lone tree..but it needs contrast..like others have said. just doing curves for the forground grass to bring out detail especially to bring out the lines..and then again for the sky..and yeah the tree needs to be darker. and this is going to look awesome. there are plenty of people around here that can help you with making you image look better in photoshop. btw keep posting stuff like this I really like itthumb.gif
    "Character, like a photograph, develops in darkness."-Yousuf Karsh

www.danielchappellphotography.com