Options

Proof Delay on Digital Downloads

jh4wvujh4wvu Registered Users Posts: 169 Major grins
edited July 30, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
"The proof & upload option which holds purchased photos for later shipment does not apply to digital downloads."

Smugmug - is this ever going to change? It would be nice if the proof delay could be applied to the downloads as well. We then could actually use the download option.
Thanks,
Chris
West Virginia University
http://photos.wvu.edu

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2008
    jh4wvu wrote:
    "The proof & upload option which holds purchased photos for later shipment does not apply to digital downloads."

Smugmug - is this ever going to change? It would be nice if the proof delay could be applied to the downloads as well. We then could actually use the download option.
    Thanks,
    Chris
    West Virginia University
    http://photos.wvu.edu
    hi, for now, still no pd - folks want 'em 'right now' thumb.gif
    Thanks for the request!
  • Options
    PeterLyonsPeterLyons Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2008
    Chris, I'd wish for the same thing, but still offer the downloads to clients, and people do buy them. Since SmugMug gives us contact info for our buyers, I just e-mail them later and let them know I'm sending them a retouched version.

I say go for it.
  • Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    hi, for now, still no pd - folks want 'em 'right now' thumb.gif
    Thanks for the request!

I understand that folks want their downloads 'right NOW', but it would be nice if WE the pros could make that call. What if I go and buy a 24 megapixel D3X someday and I want to save time and just upload 1000 pixel previews but replace the images upon the order for a high-res?

When Smugstock comes, (or did you can it?) having thousands of stock photos online is going to be the norm, and it would be in BOTH our best interests if we could get away with uploading 1000 pixel previews instead of thousands of 21-24 megapixel originals.

=Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum