'Bout time I started taking pictures again...

ubergeekubergeek Registered Users Posts: 99 Big grins
edited April 22, 2005 in People
I don't know about you, but for most of the winter I have a hard time getting motivated to take pictures. Now that spring is here (more or less), I'm starting to feel inspired again.

I haven't really done portraits much--just a few candids here and there of the kids playing at gatherings of family or friends. One day last weekend was pretty much that sort of thing. We were meeting up with some friends to go to dinner, and one of their sons was busy playing in the "sandbox" at the mall (don't ask why our mall has a sandbox!) I happened to have the camera with me, so I got down and took some shots. Here's one of my (and the mom's) favorites:

19823498-M.jpg

The mom (who says she likes the pics better than the professional portraits she just had done) was so impressed that she's now telling all her "mom friends" about me :D

Of course, this means now I have a thing or two to learn about taking portraits! So wish me luck--or better yet, offer me some advice!

Cheers,
Jeremy

Jeremy Rosenberger

Zeiss Ikon, Nokton 40mm f/1.4, Canon 50mm f/1.2, Nokton 50mm f/1.5, Canon Serenar 85mm f/2
Canon Digital Rebel XT, Tokina 12-24mm f/4, Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, Canon 50mm f/1.4

http://ubergeek.smugmug.com/

Comments

• KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2005
    Very cute. You captured his joy well.

The only thing is that it seems cropped a little too close to the top of his head.

Keep getting inspired. I'm always my happiest when I'm taking photographs.
  • ubergeekubergeek Registered Users Posts: 99 Big grins
    edited April 21, 2005
    Cropping
    Thanks! I agree about the cropping, but it was either that or include some distracting background elements. I opted for the former.

Cheers,
    Jeremy
    Khaos wrote:
    Very cute. You captured his joy well.

The only thing is that it seems cropped a little too close to the top of his head.

Keep getting inspired. I'm always my happiest when I'm taking photographs.

Jeremy Rosenberger

Zeiss Ikon, Nokton 40mm f/1.4, Canon 50mm f/1.2, Nokton 50mm f/1.5, Canon Serenar 85mm f/2
    Canon Digital Rebel XT, Tokina 12-24mm f/4, Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, Canon 50mm f/1.4

http://ubergeek.smugmug.com/

• lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2005
    what a cute face!! you caught it!rolleyes1.gif