My first good pics with my new 20d

maryinmtmaryinmt Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
edited April 23, 2005 in People
I had to show these off! My boy was playing outside and I just followed him around with the camera, snapping pic after pic with this setting and that setting. Here are 2 of the best ones in my opinion. I have now taken a whopping 576 pics. I have learned some important stuff about exposure and stuff. Now I have to go try it again and see what I learned!

Comments

• NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2005
    A beautiful shot of a beautiful boy! I love his expression and the way you froze it in time!

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2005
    that shot is absolutely awesome, i love the blue!
  • marlofmarlof Registered Users Posts: 1,833 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2005
    I like the expression on his face, and the low angle you've used. It's really a great picture!
    enjoy being here while getting there
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2005
    Welcome Maryinmt wave.gif

nice capture.. looking forward to seeing more
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2005
    Good lord, Mary, that shot is great. Wonderful exposure. What lens did you use.

I really regret selling the 28-135: that lens was my standard walk about.

We need a clothes dryer, but I would like to buy another one of those.

Did you compensate on that exposure? I love the angle.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2005
    I don't like to say this, but I think Kodak would take that for their photo of the day. If you are interested in that kind of thing, the addy for the main page is

kodak.com the photo of that day is at the bottom rt and you can go from there. click on submit, they take jpegs. I can't get them to take mine. Many people here have. What makes yours so great is everything. What distinguishes it, IMO, are the angle and the lack of background clutter.

ginger again
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2005
    clap.gif well done, lovely boy too!
  • Phil U.Phil U. Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2005
    Welcome Mary.

That's a keeper. Definitely a "moment in time" shot - the kind you fill up the photo albums with.
  • maryinmtmaryinmt Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited April 23, 2005
    That was actually the 18-55 lens that came with the camera. Cole (4)and Casey (1 1/2) were running around on the trampoline and I was standing beside it taking pics in all modes and changing settings and everything else. I didn't do any fixing on any of them. I was just looking through them and some jumped out as exactly right. That is my favorite. It catches his personality and you can see how happy he is. That was April 16th. We live in Montana and believe it or not that was the first day warm enough to put the mat back on the trampoline. Cole loves playing on it and was having a blast.

Thanks for all the replies. And I did submit it to Kodak just for the fun of it. I'll keep taking pics and showing them off. Thanks again for the encouragement. It is kind of funny that I have never taken a picture that was any good with a 35 mm. With the digital it is sooo much better. I've already learned more in a few weeks than I ever did with the 35.