Options

mandatory n00b question: how to massively assign categories?

agentbilloagentbillo Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited July 28, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I Smuggld 12,000 photos over from Flickr. The problem is that all the galleries (over 100) are in the "Other" category. Is there any way to select groups/batches of Galleries and assigning them to categories? I only have about 3 categories: Nature, Kids and Work.

I'll probably end up writing an SmugMug API script to do it if there is nothing in the UI.

Best Regards,

billo

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2008
    Hi, try SmugBrowser, awesome ff addon thumb.gif

http://wiki.smugmug.net/display/SmugMug/Hacks+and+Apps
  • Options
    edited July 26, 2008
    Looks promising, but not compatible with FF 3.

Thanks for the pointer, though.

cheers,

billo
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,270 moderator
    edited July 26, 2008
    agentbillo wrote:
    Looks promising, but not compatible with FF 3.
    Do you not have a second browser installed on your computer? It would be worth instailling one so you can use smugbrowser.

Also - it's a good idea to run two browsers anyway. That allows you to be developing/experimenting on one while you are logged in to your smug site and to be using the other to view your site as a visitor at the same time.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited July 28, 2008
    I do have a number of browsers installed: Safari, FF 3, IE (in a VM), Opera, Camino. But FF2 and FF3 fight over the profile, in incompatible ways. I know it's possible to force each instance to use a different profile, but then I have to maintain that across 4 or 5 computers. It's hard enough to keep one browser configured and consistent on all my machines, I don't really want to double that work.

I could also run the smugmug plugin in my Windows VM on FF2. Since I only need to do this rearrangement once, that might be a good solution.

Thanks!
    Do you not have a second browser installed on your computer? It would be worth instailling one so you can use smugbrowser.

Also - it's a good idea to run two browsers anyway. That allows you to be developing/experimenting on one while you are logged in to your smug site and to be using the other to view your site as a visitor at the same time.

--- Denise