Lil One shoot

JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
edited July 28, 2008 in People
We finally got some sun today....my lil one posed for me...here is what I came up with. Do the skin tones look ok to you? She is very pale as we live in alaska and I warmed her tone up in post editing. She really wanted to wear this shirt as I thought it a little too bright, is that taking a little too much away from her? C and C would be appreciated. Thanks.
338935693_Zbcvg-L-1.jpg

338785649_GoZ32-L-1.jpg

338785762_KGhuN-L.jpg

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2008
    JAG wrote:
    We finally got some sun today....my lil one posed for me...here is what I came up with. Do the skin tones look ok to you? She is very pale as we live in alaska and I warmed her tone up in post editing. She really wanted to wear this shirt as I thought it a little too bright, is that taking a little too much away from her? C and C would be appreciated. Thanks.

What a pretty little girl she is, I won't comment on the skin colour as I am not on my computer at the moment.

I love the look on her face and the light in the first shot thumb.gif
    ...Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2008
    What a cute little girl! Her smile is so amazing, it made me smile. I think her skin tones look pretty good.
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited July 26, 2008
    Skippy wrote:
    What a pretty little girl she is, I won't comment on the skin colour as I am not on my computer at the moment.

I love the look on her face and the light in the first shot thumb.gif
    ...Skippy :D

Thank you for your kind comments. The first one was shot in the shade...I used a polarizer on all the shots.
    edited July 26, 2008
    What a cute little girl! Her smile is so amazing, it made me smile. I think her skin tones look pretty good.

Thank you...she is always a smiling girl (for the most part...lol).
  • ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2008
    Love composition, she's a cute kid, but i think you can light them up a bit, they looks tad dark on my screen. clap.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2008
    ShepsMom wrote:
    Love composition, she's a cute kid, but i think you can light them up a bit, they looks tad dark on my screen. clap.gif

agree w/ shepsmom, all are adorable but could use a brightness and contrast boost.

I am really in love w/ #3, I took a go at it and wondered if the vertical orientation might help the viewer connect with her more.

(Please let me know if you would like me to remove)
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • stuckupsignsstuckupsigns Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited July 26, 2008
    I like #3. I also wondered about rotating it. ne_nau.gif only nit is her big toe is chopped.
    edited July 27, 2008
    urbanaries wrote:
    agree w/ shepsmom, all are adorable but could use a brightness and contrast boost.

I am really in love w/ #3, I took a go at it and wondered if the vertical orientation might help the viewer connect with her more.

(Please let me know if you would like me to remove)

I had already thought about the rotation change while in editing....but I guess its a preference thing. I prefer the original angle. It might be because of the road in the background...it naturally goes down...and thus the whole image look more natural of an incline.

As for the contrast...I had boosted it already it already from the original...but one of us might have a monitor issue. Could be me. The image you posted looks way too light in her skin tones...and the grass behind her looks almost neon. My screen is needing calibration and could likely be the problem.

I had also shot all these with a polarizer and that might be why I am having skin toning problems. Thanks again for your comments. They are helpful.
    edited July 27, 2008
    I like #3. I also wondered about rotating it. ne_nau.gif only nit is her big toe is chopped.
    Thanks for your comments. I know....I was bummed that I missed that in the frame. I did manage to get it all in on the second shot but her expression wasn't as fun as this one.
  • searching the soulsearching the soul Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited July 28, 2008
    some tips
    I think that if you can use a warming filter or a enhancing filter it will improve skin tones . The biggest thing I would suggest is gray card and raw file if at all possible . This will greatly improve post ability to correct these things . I am not sure a polarizing filter is what I would use in portrait work . Best of luck .