Mr Worker, Tear down that house

InsuredDisasterInsuredDisaster Registered Users Posts: 1,132 Major grins
edited July 27, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
Not sure if this is the best place but here are some shots that I recently took of the construction across from where I work. I had my camera, the roof door was unlocked, and I had my Sigma 18-200 attached to my camera. They also happened to be tearing down a wall. All within a lucky window of time.

Comments please?

This worker was sitting idly by as the two bulldozers went at it. I used CS for a color wash in lab mode. What do you think?

300_6974-Edit.jpg

And here he is again, but this time with some adjustments in lightroom.
300_6988.jpg

Three shots as the machine dismantaled the wall. I'm not sure how easily buildings normally come down, but it makes me a bit fearful living in these buildings to see how easily that wall came down.

300_7040.jpg
300_7050.jpg
300_7103.jpg

Comments

• InsuredDisasterInsuredDisaster Registered Users Posts: 1,132 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2008
    They really that bad?
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2008
    They really that bad?

Be patient, you have to remember we are all in different time zones,
    and it's the weekend, which most people will get out and enjoy as it only comes around once a week :D .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2008
    Not sure if this is the best place but here are some shots that I recently took of the construction across from where I work. I had my camera, the roof door was unlocked, and I had my Sigma 18-200 attached to my camera. They also happened to be tearing down a wall. All within a lucky window of time.

Comments please?

This worker was sitting idly by as the two bulldozers went at it. I used CS for a color wash in lab mode. What do you think?

And here he is again, but this time with some adjustments in lightroom.

Three shots as the machine dismantaled the wall. I'm not sure how easily buildings normally come down, but it makes me a bit fearful living in these buildings to see how easily that wall came down.

Hi there InsuredDisaster, the two colour washed shots, give these images an old time look, I prefer the coloured shots in this series.

Did well to capture the wall in motion falling down clap.gif
    I like the action in the last three shots thumb.gif ... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • mmrodenmmroden Registered Users Posts: 472 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2008
    I actually like the second shot the best-- it's well composed, and your use of color focuses my attention on the guy (which was your point, right?). I like the idea of a guy sitting idle while a huge industrial jackhammer is pounding away less than a meter away.

As for the flimsiness of the walls-- remember that they generally have other walls holding them up, and that that jackhammer is pretty freakin' heavy. I'd be more concerned if they went down in a stiff breeze :)
  • InsuredDisasterInsuredDisaster Registered Users Posts: 1,132 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2008
    Thank you for your comments. I actually didn't do much with the second photo. I boosted the contrast, and added a bit of vibrance (17 points) and some other exposure tweaks.

I was conscious of the closer jackhammer leading my eye from the corner to the worker. Its perhaps a bit hard to make out, but he's sitting on the edge of the foundation they are digging. The road is lighter and less red than the dirt from the hole. So he was a little bit further from the jack hammer, maybe 4 or 5 meters at the time? (Foundation is not very deep at this time) Don't want to mislead anyone.

Thank you for your comments. I'lll sleep better at night.