Options

Email upload

AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
edited September 3, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I just had the second person say getting error on email upload. Both of
these have uploaded many times so know how. Upload gallery.
Their error responses.
This is the Postfix program at host mx1.sv1.smugmug.net.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at yahoo.com.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

[EMAIL="mobirds@email.smugmug.com"]<mobirds@email.smugmug.com></mobirds@email.smugmug.com>[/EMAIL]:
208.79.45.20 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550 [EMAIL="mobirds@mx1.smugmug.net"]<mobirds@mx1.smugmug.net></mobirds@mx1.smugmug.net>[/EMAIL]: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table
Giving up on 208.79.45.20.
Edit: Just email uploaded a test photo and it worked. :scratch
Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
My Website index | My Blog

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2008
    Thanks for the details, Allen, sorry :( We'll try and replicate but email uploading is just working for us, I just tried with several of us.
  • Options
    edited July 27, 2008
    Just had another persons upload email fail, that's three. This one added CC email
    address and might not work with that in there. I had no problem uploading
    one. Site

btw, with the new domain changes maybe the email receiving stuff hasn't been updated.
    What ever that means :D
  • Options
    davidweaverdavidweaver Registered Users Posts: 681 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2008
  • Options
    edited July 28, 2008
    Additional response from this one.

[EMAIL="mobirds@email.smugmug.com"]<mobirds@email.smugmug.com></mobirds@email.smugmug.com>[/EMAIL]:
    Remote host said: 550 [EMAIL="mobirds@mx1.smugmug.net"]<mobirds@mx1.smugmug.net></mobirds@mx1.smugmug.net>[/EMAIL]: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table

latest response
    I think the problem is specific to emails sent to smugmug via Yahoo email 
    addresses. I've had my pictures bounced over the last couple days I've tried 
    sending emails there, but I sent them from a gmail account and they arrived
     fine. Al also managed to upload the first set (Al: normal upload) that I had 
    problems with as well. Attached at the bottom is most of my most recent 
    delivery failure email, if anyone is interested (password is correct, but 
    edited out for paranoia reasons as is everything after the "Name" section of 
    the body)

[I]name here[/I]
    St Louis, MO

[EMAIL="mobirds@email.smugmug.com"]<mobirds at="" email.smugmug.com=""></mobirds>[/EMAIL]:

--- Below this line is a copy of the message.

Return-Path: [EMAIL="labtroglodyte@yahoo.com"]<name here@yahoo.com=""></name>[/EMAIL]
    Received: (qmail 22002 invoked by uid 60001); 28 Jul 2008 04:02:39 -0000
    DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws;
      s=s1024; d=yahoo.com;
      h=Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Message-ID;
      b=h9QB9g+6GIukLBosZFlTD3ASVUXM0BgaVKeP21jS4jzYxR4BY3luauPRkJsEOa4biU4QMSlpcQ/a08CrraDDkWWb7KJX+TTHL0vLi+DSRNe17vZ64ekutRQ3NymnEWEZXkwg/sNTNFDTImLc9Nb0C71x+w9zh2gwRwAthFmQ4lQ=;
    Received: from [70.238.178.24] by web32104.mail.mud.yahoo.com via HTTP; Sun, 27 Jul 2008 21:02:39 PDT
    X-Mailer: YahooMailWebService/0.7.218
    Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 21:02:39 -0700 (PDT)
    From: name here [EMAIL="labtroglodyte@yahoo.com"]HIS NAME@yahoo.com>[/EMAIL]
    Subject: da password
    To: [EMAIL="mobirds@email.smugmug.com"]mobirds AT email.smugmug.com[/EMAIL]
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="0-1418375045-1217217759=:18644"
    Message-ID: [EMAIL="580484.18644.qm@web32104.mail.mud.yahoo.com"]<580484.18644.qm@web32104.mail.mud.yahoo.com>[/EMAIL]

--0-1418375045-1217217759=:18644
    Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii

Name: blahblahblah

Email addresses and names tweaked.
  • Options
    edited July 28, 2008
    Don't think so, these are email uploads that are failing.
    Thanks anyway.
  • Options
    edited July 28, 2008
    So... further testing and some more mails on the weekend show that there's something going on, and we have alerted the engineers. It's one of those "it works for me but not for you" type things, Allen umph.gif

Sorry for the hassle, hang in there guys.
  • Options
    edited July 29, 2008
    can you guys try again, we made some fixes to this last night. Said fixes *could* take a few days to propogate around the 'net but a few folks are already reporting 'problem solved' thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited July 29, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    can you guys try again, we made some fixes to this last night. Said fixes *could* take a few days to propogate around the 'net but a few folks are already reporting 'problem solved' thumb.gif
    Got this in email today so looks like at least one now works. Her's was the first
    error message box in my first post.

Al, I can upload again.. thanks for your efforts.
    Jane

• Options
    PodangisPodangis Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited August 31, 2008
    email upload fails
    Just tried using email upload. I'm on a Mac and now frustrated. If I have iphoto prepare an email then it fails. Tried two mailing from two different addresses. When I just sent an email and attached an image independent of iphoto - success. The image in iphoto has a name like IMG_016.jpg The image attached directly has a name like 19691002.jpg. Are there naming rules on images?

A couple of other questions. If one is sending several images in one email, where, how does one place individual captions?

If I rename the email gallery, does the next email go to the original gallery, or is a new one, named email, created?

Thanks
  • Options
    edited August 31, 2008
    Podangis wrote:
    Just tried using email upload. I'm on a Mac and now frustrated. If I have iphoto prepare an email then it fails. Tried two mailing from two different addresses. When I just sent an email and attached an image independent of iphoto - success. The image in iphoto has a name like IMG_016.jpg The image attached directly has a name like 19691002.jpg. Are there naming rules on images?

A couple of other questions. If one is sending several images in one email, where, how does one place individual captions?

If I rename the email gallery, does the next email go to the original gallery, or is a new one, named email, created?

Thanks
    It will create another email gallery if you rename the first one I assume.

Can attach bunch but only one caption.
  • Options
    PodangisPodangis Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited September 3, 2008
    Allen
    Thanks - but the first part of my question went unanswered. It was:
    Just tried using email upload. I'm on a Mac and now frustrated. If I have iphoto prepare an email then it fails. Tried two mailings from two different addresses. When I just sent an email and attached an image independent of iphoto - success. The image in iphoto has a name like IMG_016.jpg The image attached directly has a name like 19691002.jpg. Are there naming rules on images?

Now I've tried several options. Nothing shows - the email doesn't seem to bounce and a copy to an independent address arrives with no problem. The upload log shows no errors, and nothing added except the one case I was success with (19691002 above). Not sure how to work this out. I can't even replicate my initial success. I did alter the parameters of the email gallery.

Podangis