Backyard summer shots

dclubinedclubine Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
edited July 28, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
It gets so cold here in the winter that you have to enjoy the summer while it lasts. And this one is shaping up to be a good one. I'm still learning how to use my 40D and these pics are an example of where I'm at today. C&C is welcome & appreciated. The first pic is with my 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 taken at 14mm. I was in the deep end, hanging onto the diving board but I suspected that the angle from pool level might be interesting.

339254014_w6Bip-XL.jpg

And these are with my 70-200mm f/2.8 IS. All pics are using a polarizing filter.

339252923_zsJhs-XL.jpg

339253943_TjG2q-XL.jpg

Comments

• DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2008
    Very nicely composed thoughtful photos. Sharp images. Really nice color.
    :D
    I remember the last time my camera went swimming. mwink.gif Michael
    Michael
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2008
    These a great clap.gif I'm about to get the 10-22 for my XSi. Me likey :ivar

The 70-200 2.8 shots are marvelous. I have the f/4. Want to trade rolleyes1.gif
  • dclubinedclubine Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited July 27, 2008
    I did trade. I initially bought the f/4 non-IS and took it back a week later & traded for the f/2.8 IS. It's really nice.
  • pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2008
    Ooh that looks like fun, and refreshing! :D

I'd say you're doing pretty well with that camera of yours thumb.gif
    You've caught the action, expressions and color spot on.
    Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2008
    dclubine wrote:
    It gets so cold here in the winter that you have to enjoy the summer while it lasts. And this one is shaping up to be a good one. I'm still learning how to use my 40D and these pics are an example of where I'm at today. C&C is welcome & appreciated. The first pic is with my 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 taken at 14mm. I was in the deep end, hanging onto the diving board but I suspected that the angle from pool level might be interesting.

And these are with my 70-200mm f/2.8 IS. All pics are using a polarizing filter.

Hi dclubine, the 10-22mm is an awesome lens, it is one of my very favourites to use.

You'll get used to it, you cut the top of your building in that first shot.

The boys look like they are having a ball, and need more food to cover those skinny boney bodies of theirs rolleyes1.gif

Looking good to me dclubine thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • dclubinedclubine Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited July 28, 2008
    Skippy wrote:
    You'll get used to it, you cut the top of your building in that first shot.

Damn, you're right. I hadn't noticed.
    Skippy wrote:
    The boys look like they are having a ball, and need more food to cover those skinny boney bodies of theirs rolleyes1.gif

That's the neighbor's kid. My son is the bigger of the two. Trust me, he eats enough.
  • cmorganphotographycmorganphotography Registered Users Posts: 980 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2008